Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better overview - Grid view for applications and servers

In our web agency we sometimes have a little trouble getting a proper overview over the servers and or applications we have on your platform.
    Would it be possible to make a "Grid view" for the applications? Perhaps with a screenshot of the applications like Flywheel does?
    That would give a 10x better overview :D

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to add team members without credit card details

When any user creates a company account,
    It will be great if you provide a feature to add team members using their email address and without CC. Because it is hard for a company to manage payment details and billing for all team members account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Root mysql user per server

Add the ability to access mysql databases on server level next to application level. Sometimes it could be handy to access all databases on the server from one administration application, instead based on per application

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow existing Cloudways customer accounts to be added as team members to projects in another account

Essentially, when adding team members to a project, trying to add a user with an email address that is already a customer of cloudways (has an existing account via that email address), will result in an error notification - "You cannot add this email as team member. Use a different email for this user or contact support for more information."

This seems problematic as, with a client on more than one project or across a different account, one can only add the same client by insisting the client maintain several email address for each instance of a team member addition. …

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. provide a means to sort projects.

It would be nice if the projects on the project page were sortable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Monitor All Servers and Resources On Single Page With Visuals

As of now, you have to click on each server, then go to resources and then select specific resource. This is time consuming. Also, the data is displayed as line graph which is very visually polished or clean looking.

I recommend that you have a "overview" or "snapshot" area that show you the health/resources/stats for all the servers on your account. Perhaps showing colors Green to Red pie charts to show you quick overview of ALL resource (memory, CPU, hdisk, bandwidth, etc) of ALL servers.

Thank you.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. extend CloudwaysBot messages with domain names or application names when messaging about failed backups or sending similar notifications

It's not helpful to get a message about failed backups when you have multiple applications. Instead, having the message include the domain of the application in which the error occurred would be a huge timesaver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add bandwidth monitoring for CDN

I need to know how much I will get charged by enabling CloudwaysCDN

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. File Access Control

Please provide the ability to create new SFTP users with restricted access to folders. For example, people working on loading products needs access only to media/import folder in Magento.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Filter Applications by Server or Project

I'd like to filter and not only sort by Server my applications as the list is getting too big.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Display the access status on applications page

In the application overview page: https://platform.cloudways.com/apps it would be usual to highlight whether application access has been disabled. Very handy when managing many applications with different statuses. Example mockup: https://ibb.co/mbJzTw

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow GIT Deployment to private_html

Currently, the ability to deploy directly from GIT is limited to the public_html folder. In our case, our application is housed in private_html. It would be great if we had the option to deploy from GIT directly to the private_html folder.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. support removal of projects

The title says it all I guess. There could be a lock for projects that have been assigned, but as nothing dreadful happens to the application, this would not be a necessary condition. A warning might be enough.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have team members create their own support tickets (not on behalf of me)

Hi,

I would like to give team members support access but just their own access. Not on my behalf. The team members are in this case separate customers so they only need to see their own tickets and create only tickets according their own application.

Cheers,
    Jaap

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More mysql config options

It would be nice to have more granular access to the mysql/mariadb configuration. A few more items that would be good to be able to configure:

query_cache_size
    join_buffer_size
    tmp_table_size
    max_heap_table_size

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add option to reset back ownership of files / folder to app user (chown)

Right now we can reset permission in APPLICATION SETTINGS, which is very helpful when you want to delete files, etc. But there is no option to revert back to the ownership to app user.
    It will be very handy to have this instead of asking staff to run a chown.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow customization of application icons

It would be easier to differentiate projects if the icon associated with them could be customized.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding subdomains pointing to the existing directories in application or external site

I was surprised to know that that you cannot add a subdomain and point to your existing directories. even pointing to other domains.This features was there in cpanel from beginning and it is quite useful. Especially this features helps to server make the site much more faster in magento by making subdomains for stating content like media, js etc and configure in magento application. I had this setup in my earlier hosting making the site to load ~1 sec. I have moved the site to cloudways now it loads ~4 seconds

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base