Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Cloudways Platform Faster

Your competitor dashboard loads quickly. Don't get left behind!
    Please make your website faster. Here's the report http://webpagetest.org/result/190509CW5c95227f142c77b7ebc525f2a42e6983/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apps List Should Show Actual App Name as Server Sees It

Basically when I run htop on the server my aliased app name is not going to show, but the actuall server app name... i.e. qgvzzgjjzt vs ApplicationName.

So in the screen where you list apps -
    https://platform.cloudways.com/apps

it would be good to have the list also show the non-aliased app name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Account activity log

I would like to see an account activity log. This could hold information including date and times, details of the activity, reference names used for - creating, modifying and deleting servers
    - creating, modifying and deleting applications
    - any activity that results in a cost to the billing account

I see this feature as useful for general reference but also for reconciling account invoices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow sorting by usage within new disk quota report

The new Disk Usage Per Application report is great, but it's missing an obvious feature to allow this list to be sorted by usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Manage Environment variables for secret values via Interface

Manage Environment variables via interface like Elasticbeanstalk, Heroku, ... so they don't go into version control

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to select data center

It will be great if you can provide an option to select a data center. like, DO provides 3 data centers in NY. if the user wants to create a server if Digital Ocean ' NY-C1'. There is an option for the region only NY.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove Users from Delete Accounts

Allow users to remove themselves from other people's accounts.

As well, automatically remove people from canceled accounts, as it is then impossible to remove yourself from the account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Don't update domain names in my database without asking first.

I recently changed my domain name from example.com to www.example.com using the Domain Management settings, and unfortunately every email address in my WordPress database changed from name@example.com to name@www.example.com. I'm perfectly capable of running my own search/replace on the database if necessary, but I get that not everyone can, so this isn't a terrible feature. But it would be great to add a couple of checkbox options: [ ] Update instances of domain name in database? [ ] Update email addresses as well?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Deploy from git repo subfolder

Right now you can only deploy a full git repo. Users should be allowed to deploy from any folder withing a repo.

For example an app could have a 'src' folder with code and a 'dist' folder with production code. I want to be able to deploy the 'dist' folder only

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simpler sign-in with Google

At the moment Google sign-in is there and works, but can be improved for a smoother dashboard experience. There are 2 things which can be improved upon:

• the session doesn't last after the CloudWays browser tab is closed. If CloudWays got a oauth token from Google platform, it should keep the session until the token is revoked or manual log out

• using too many permissions. At sign-in time only the profilebasic and profileemail should be requested, simplifying the login process. When someone tries to use Google Sign-In, they first choose the account, then approve the app (CloudWays), then…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for contributing your valuable suggestions.

We already have started working on minimizing the scope of Google service permissions.

Your other feedback about sessions has been added to our Product Improvement Ideas list, and we will incorporate it in upcoming quarters.

Cloudways Team

11. better monitoring dashboard

Better/easier Server monitor dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clone application settings

When you clone an application, you should have an option to clone also:
    - Application credentials
    - Domains
    - Cron Jobs
    - SSL Certificates
    - Application settings
    - CDN settings

At the moment, the Application Cloning process only clones the files+database, with the result that the app is working but then you have to duplicate all those settings manually in the Platform.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Organise Servers

Let us Organise Servers in to different groups like

Client A - Servers ( 3 Servers )
    - Server 1 XNAME
    - Server 2 YNAME
    - Server 3 ZNAME

Test - Servers ( 2 Servers )
    - Server 1 Test1
    - Server 1 Test2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Advanced Search Control in Cloudways Account Panel

I think the search tool could be improved by adding the ability to search by IP address. Filters to show only certain servers, etc would also be welcome.

http://prntscr.com/llha4z

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tab focus for the 2FA box

It's only a small thing but when logging in using 2FA the tab focus isn't on the code box so it's another click to enter the code. All of the other systems I use focus the 2FA code box so it's something I'm used to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. install netdata app resource monitor

Standard free and essential. We need this!
    https://my-netdata.io/

Currently I want to migrate high CPU usage apps to a new server - but I cannot tell which apps are using more resources.

The result is lost income for cloudways and poor performance for users ;(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better overview - Grid view for applications and servers

In our web agency we sometimes have a little trouble getting a proper overview over the servers and or applications we have on your platform.
    Would it be possible to make a "Grid view" for the applications? Perhaps with a screenshot of the applications like Flywheel does?
    That would give a 10x better overview :D

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to add team members without credit card details

When any user creates a company account,
    It will be great if you provide a feature to add team members using their email address and without CC. Because it is hard for a company to manage payment details and billing for all team members account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Root mysql user per server

Add the ability to access mysql databases on server level next to application level. Sometimes it could be handy to access all databases on the server from one administration application, instead based on per application

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base