Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide a means to sort projects.

It would be nice if the projects on the project page were sortable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow existing Cloudways customer accounts to be added as team members to projects in another account

Essentially, when adding team members to a project, trying to add a user with an email address that is already a customer of cloudways (has an existing account via that email address), will result in an error notification - "You cannot add this email as team member. Use a different email for this user or contact support for more information."

This seems problematic as, with a client on more than one project or across a different account, one can only add the same client by insisting the client maintain several email address for each instance of a team member addition. …

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to schedule automatic server shutdown/enable

Add ability to schedule automatic server shutdown/enable.

If i have a server that i know is only required to be used during regular business hours, but i dont want it accessible or paying for it during non-business hours, I'd like to automatically schedule it to go offline and then come back online later.

IE: i want to shut it down every day at 1am and bring it back online at 6am, without having to do it manually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Monitor All Servers and Resources On Single Page With Visuals

As of now, you have to click on each server, then go to resources and then select specific resource. This is time consuming. Also, the data is displayed as line graph which is very visually polished or clean looking.

I recommend that you have a "overview" or "snapshot" area that show you the health/resources/stats for all the servers on your account. Perhaps showing colors Green to Red pie charts to show you quick overview of ALL resource (memory, CPU, hdisk, bandwidth, etc) of ALL servers.

Thank you.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add max_file_uploads to server PHP settings

add maxfileuploads to server PHP settings so this can easily be setup for specific needs.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. extend CloudwaysBot messages with domain names or application names when messaging about failed backups or sending similar notifications

It's not helpful to get a message about failed backups when you have multiple applications. Instead, having the message include the domain of the application in which the error occurred would be a huge timesaver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. File Access Control

Please provide the ability to create new SFTP users with restricted access to folders. For example, people working on loading products needs access only to media/import folder in Magento.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add bandwidth monitoring for CDN

I need to know how much I will get charged by enabling CloudwaysCDN

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Server Share Billing is Unfair

In Cloudways we get to share our server with other CloudWays users. But billing both of the users ( owner & shared account holder ) the complete price of the server is unfair.

Let me break this down:

Let's say "USER A" has 7$ DO 512MB Server and he shares it with "USER B"

Then Cloudways is charging 7$x2 = 14$ from both the users.

"USER B" is getting only CloudWays Console features with the shared server. All the resources are same

Same 512MB ram, Single core Cpu, and 20 GB SSD.

But still, he has to pay total 7$…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter Applications by Server or Project

I'd like to filter and not only sort by Server my applications as the list is getting too big.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display the access status on applications page

In the application overview page: https://platform.cloudways.com/apps it would be usual to highlight whether application access has been disabled. Very handy when managing many applications with different statuses. Example mockup: https://ibb.co/mbJzTw

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow GIT Deployment to private_html

Currently, the ability to deploy directly from GIT is limited to the publichtml folder. In our case, our application is housed in privatehtml. It would be great if we had the option to deploy from GIT directly to the private_html folder.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Web Based File manager Like KodExplorer

We need a feature like they provide in the cpanel and other many hosting of web based file manager.
    The kodexplorer is one of the most advanced web based file managers.
    Please add this feature, it's really hard to use ftp for many reasons.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it easy to create redirects

Every $3 a month host with c-panel lets you map a domain or subdomain to a subdirectory with just a few clicks. I was just told this needs to be coded into my .htaccess file (?!). A redirect is also helpful if you want to keep a public link the same but change your site structure. Please add this basic functionality.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications access for users with full access

Would be great to allow your system admin who has full access to get access to all notifications.

I signed up as business owner but don't manage the server so would be great to see this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. support removal of projects

The title says it all I guess. There could be a lock for projects that have been assigned, but as nothing dreadful happens to the application, this would not be a necessary condition. A warning might be enough.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have team members create their own support tickets (not on behalf of me)

Hi,

I would like to give team members support access but just their own access. Not on my behalf. The team members are in this case separate customers so they only need to see their own tickets and create only tickets according their own application.

Cheers,
    Jaap

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More mysql config options

It would be nice to have more granular access to the mysql/mariadb configuration. A few more items that would be good to be able to configure:

querycachesize
    joinbuffersize
    tmptablesize
    maxheaptable_size

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add option to reset back ownership of files / folder to app user (chown)

Right now we can reset permission in APPLICATION SETTINGS, which is very helpful when you want to delete files, etc. But there is no option to revert back to the ownership to app user.
    It will be very handy to have this instead of asking staff to run a chown.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base