Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Postfix to Manage Services

Suggest to add Postfix to Manage Services that allows us to start/stop/purge the Postfix service. The reason for this is one of my sites here got hacked and what the malicious php file does is spam ppl. Since it requires root access to purge the cache, adding this option would be a huge help for me and those facing similar problems.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cloudways should partner with ewww.io to bring their tool as a MediaWiki extension

ewww.io has a magnificent Wordpress plugin that can batch optimize images in directories, even outside the wp-uploads directory. To have this capability in MediaWiki installs would be a huge improvement in the lives of administrators of MediaWiki websites that deal a lot with images. To get bulk optimization of gifs, jpegs, pngs, it would be great. I have pitched the idea to ewww.io before, but I think they don't have many resources. If CloudWays could support them in a way, it would also benefit all the CloudWays customers with huge MediaWiki installations

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. need to istall Railgun

we will using cloudfare so need to support Railgun

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Offer Agency Plan

I have migrated 10 of my clients to Cloudways and now I have 10 separate accounts I must manage and log in to. I suggest you all offer an agency account that allows you to run an "agency" with clients on their own server and own billing options. It is extremely difficult to manage 10 different accounts. Also I did not realize there was an affiliate option and now I migrated 10 clients offer and will not be receiving affiliate commissions. I would love these features. Thank You!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add support for other app monitoring tools (datadog / appdynamics)

Currently you only offer New Relic for app monitoring, there are today better/cheaper tools like datadog or appdynamics.

I think you should provide more alternatives and not forcing users to use new relic.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A Package for DevOps

I am currently in the process of moving my sites from cPanel based hosting env. to Vultr, DO, and Linode.

I think everything you guys offer at CW is pretty great, except you folks do not provide us with root access. That's a bummer!

I think you folks should create a new package for DevOps or just for developers who are interested in having the root access. This package will offer everything your platform offers, the custom panel, staging area, security management and stuff but it would also provide root access.

Devs would know what they are doing. You'll be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add SMTP Addon with modern security standards

I need to use Google's SMTP I had to go out less security applications. It is a disaster to do it. Also I could not use my email registrar because he has little protection to secure applications and disable them function it is not possible. I chose to use smtp google insecure, just to solve the problem, although I want the future to be solved

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support Logstash

To centralize the logs from our many servers we want to use logstash. This makes it easy to overview all our customers servers and catch errors in time. In order to forward logs to an external service where logstash is running the client server (you) need to install Logstash forwarder. See this tutorial: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-elasticsearch-logstash-and-kibana-4-on-ubuntu-14-04#configure-logstash-forwarder

You would need to add a configuration form to your control panel to set the logstash_server_private_address variable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How to setup the sender mail for each website, please?

Hi,

I am using Gmail SMTP for current server, which related email is sinoceo@hotmail.com.

Now I am testing Magento website, which when customer place order or signup, the Magento will send related email to the customer but the sender always is honestyplus@gmail, which is our Gmail account for Gmail SMTP. But we need the sender if what we setup, such as info@thumbpackaging.com for thumbpackaging.com website. So how we should setup, please? I believe it's related with the server because I am also using other server from Knownhost.com, which we launched many websites and the sender both are different according…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Regarding Rackspace Email

Just a suggestion for your marketing strategy and pricing team.
    Rackspace provides a solid service including fast phone support and other benefits. While Cloudways (as a reseller) is not providing the same level of service as does Rackspace for their normal level of service and features yet charges and equal sum $2/email address.
    This in actuality - as far as I can see at the moment - is a negative benefit for a Cloudways client.
    Maybe the benefit of Cloudways Rackspace would be that it is a cost savings - Maybe providing something different - not less than - for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are going to move the Rackspace Email add-on to $1/mailbox from December (so at cost).

We don’t want email to be a hurdle for people who want to come on-board.

Cloudways Team

11. provide Adobe ColdFusion server

There are not many providers that offer ColdFusion hosting nowadays but there are still quite a number of developers looking for ColdFusion server on a cloud platform for deploying their applications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have a much simpler SMTP system, elastic email is painful

Every site I have built has issues with contact form mail delivery, this should be such a simple, basic requirement, yet I'm required to jump through hoops and spend hours on live chat to get it working

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable support for Cloudflare Argo Tunnel

Right now you can't install cloudflared which is required to run Argo Tunnel.
    Enabling Argo activates Argo Smart Routing and Tiered Caching, reducing Internet latency on average by 35% and connection errors by 27%.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automate Rackspace Email Creation

it is not possible to wait HOURS to have a new e-mail box, same time to update/add an alias, this is pretty much dumb in 2018 even on ISP Config is nearly instant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. rackspace support directly

The rackspace "add-on" is very missleading.

1st. It really isn't an add-on. An add-on suggests that it will be fully integrated in my Cloudways control panel and that I'll be able to manage my email configuration. An add-on in Cloudways sounds like an easier and better option than buying directly with rackspace because all the integration issues with Cloudways would be already solved, but that is not the case, in fact is the opposite. The add on is basically a "form" and everything has to be slowly done manually through tickets.

2nd. With the add-on we become second class rackspace…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please install phpredis extension so that we can leverage the high performance of redis without using predis

Please install phpredis extension so that we can leverage the high performance of redis without using predis
    https://github.com/phpredis/phpredis#installation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A file explorer, free email boxes and an email solution like cpanel hosts do. e.g.: roundcube

A file explorer, free email boxes and an email solution like cpanel hosts do. e.g.: roundcube

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rackspace Plus package (Email Hosting)

offer the features of the rackspace plus email hosting package

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. whmcs

Hi,

It is possible to install WHMCS Billing System on Cloud Hosting?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base