Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Server Monitoring Details - Adding back "2 Hours" and "6 Hours" timeframes

On "Server Monitoring --> Details" the timeframes of "2 Hours" and "6 Hours" should be added back. They're very usefull and missed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be great to see a dedicated service (virtual dedicated, metal dedicated or otherwise) that support custom OS installations

It would be great to see a dedicated service (virtual dedicated, metal dedicated or otherwise) that support custom OS installations from ISO with temporary console access (or permanent console access won't hurt)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add HTTP2/PUSH feature

HTTP2/Push feature can improve performance greatly.
    it is introduced with the newer nginx version https://www.nginx.com/blog/nginx-1-13-9-http2-server-push/.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. DesktopServer version 3.5.2 has a new direct deployment feature to get your WordPress websites from your desktop to your hosting provider in

DesktopServer version 3.5.2 has a new direct deployment feature to get your WordPress websites from your desktop to your hosting provider in just a few clicks.

To do this Cloudways must support File System Direct.

File System Direct is a (PHP) feature that allows WordPress to write files to the local file system on the server. At the moment it does not so we can't use this feature in DesktopServer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make phpmyadmin as default database manager

Hi,

Why don't make phpmyadmin as the default database manager. Everybody uses it. All tutorials on the web are about this manager.
    Not this cloudways default manager.

Now i always need to do a complicated time taking installation.
    This is not user friendly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Settings of max server power per app

Hi,
    it will be great if there is app setting for max usage of server power. E.g. a can set, that this app can use max 50 % of server power.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wildcard SSL for multisite but also works for mapped domains

Right now we have two options for having SSL working for WordPress networks. We can have a wildcard SSL certificate OR we manually map domains to each subsite. It would be nice of we could have both.

Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add unmanaged servers

add unmanaged servers for cheap price

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiple IP addresses assigned to a server

I would love to have the option to assign multiple IP addresses to a server, so we can have different apps each on its own IP, on the same server. Right now, we have to boot up a new server (multiplying the costs) each time we need a new IP for an app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. What a joke on the TRIAL

Trial, 2GB Ram, 50GB disk space, and 25GB bandwidth!!! I downloaded 35GB files, and I deleted, and downloaded 10GB files again, extracted, and the server was turned OFF "allowed bandwidth exceeded"!!!!!

Is this not funny and 'technical joke'?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Suggestion: Add 'mailhog' service to servers

https://github.com/mailhog/MailHog
    MailHog is very handy if it comes to development. It catches every sent mails and shows them on a web interface.

It would be nice if one could enable/disable MailHog like other services for development purposes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Same package as Digital Ocean

Have the possibility to have the same Standard Droplets and CPU Optimized Droplets as Digital Ocean : https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use nginx for php-fpm dynamic content - instead of the current setup of nginx reverse proxy for static and apache for php-fpm

The current setup seems to be only using nginx as reverse proxy in front of apache/php-fpm.

Right now requests seem to go this way nginx->apache->php-fpm.

We'd like to test with apache completely removed and nginx->php-fpm direct.

We'd like to have a nginx -> php-fpm setup for generating dynamic content on uncached pages for faster performance.

We are able to get twice the page loading speed from a direct setup on Linode with identical specs with Nginx used for php-fpm than the Thunderstack use of Nginx only as a reverse proxy and Apache for php-fpm dynamic content.

When a customer is…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add write permissions to user (~) directory for SSH application user

The application user does not have write permissions to their own user directory (i.e. `~/`). This prevents any application that needs to write to this directory from being run when logged in as an application user, such as git, ssh, npm, etc.

Making the user directory for the application user writable by the application user, so that new files and sub-directories can be created, will solve many issues that myself and others are having running applications when logged in as an application user.

Other feedback ideas this should solve include:

Please enable NPM in SSH when we are using application…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Docker support

Hi!
    Please, add Docker support.
    Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tracked deletions in git should be synced with the server upon deployment

Currently when using the git deployment feature, if you delete a previously tracked file and push this change to the server it doesn't delete the file from the server.

This means you're left with lots of legacy files that are no longer needed, and your repo is no longer in sync with your server files.

This can cause issues if you ever wanted to push changes back from the server to git as it would then track the previously deleted files and re-add them to the sever!

I'd assume this to be expected behaviour but there might be a reason…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, Harry, for taking the time to report this.

I’d like to better understand your use-case in order to figure out what’s going on.

For example, if I have a git repository deployed on my server on Cloudways, and if I go ahead and delete an already tracked file from the repository on my local computer and push the changes upstream to the remote repository and then pull those changes on my Cloudways server, I do see that the deleted file is gone from my public_html/ (or any other deployment) directory. Are you having trouble with that?

Or is your workflow different from what I’ve described? Please let me know so I may check it thoroughly.

Thanks.

Cloudways Team

20. Support multiple nodejs versions like v6, v7 and v8

I recommend you use NVM, so that we can install and select whichever version of Node we want. This would also help with permission issues.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base