Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tracked deletions in git should be synced with the server upon deployment

Currently when using the git deployment feature, if you delete a previously tracked file and push this change to the server it doesn't delete the file from the server.

This means you're left with lots of legacy files that are no longer needed, and your repo is no longer in sync with your server files.

This can cause issues if you ever wanted to push changes back from the server to git as it would then track the previously deleted files and re-add them to the sever!

I'd assume this to be expected behaviour but there might be a reason…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, Harry, for taking the time to report this.

I’d like to better understand your use-case in order to figure out what’s going on.

For example, if I have a git repository deployed on my server on Cloudways, and if I go ahead and delete an already tracked file from the repository on my local computer and push the changes upstream to the remote repository and then pull those changes on my Cloudways server, I do see that the deleted file is gone from my public_html/ (or any other deployment) directory. Are you having trouble with that?

Or is your workflow different from what I’ve described? Please let me know so I may check it thoroughly.

Thanks.

Cloudways Team

3. Set Varnisch cache time on application level

Varnish hit rate is low on low traffic sites. By setting the cache time of varnisch on an application level you can beter manage site speed per application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. opcache settings

opcache.max_accelerated_files=? , opcache.validate_timestamps=? and opcache.consistency_checks=? , i would like to change this opcache settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a MySQL-only optimized server

I just want to create an high performance optimized DB server without Apache nor other modules.
    I want to be optimized already for high-performance by Cloudways experts. That's it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a button to apply MYSQL user ownership to the public_html directory

Adding a button to apply MYSQL user ownership to the files public_html directory for Moodle will save CSR time and allow them to work on more pressing issues. At the moment you have to contact Cloudways to fix the permissions on that folder after you upgrade your Moodle installation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable New Relic infrastructure instead of NR server

Hi,

Since NewRelic Server is going to be removed and is already being replaced by New Relic Infrastructure it would be great if the New relic service would be changed so it will enable infrastructure.

Related features would be:

- The possibility to change the display name in newrelic-infra.yml. Currently the Cloudways numerical name is shown in New Relic and I have no clue which server is which :-)
    - The possibility to change the display name in the PHP language agent. As if you don't change both the connection between APM and Infrastructure will break.
    - The possibility to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Gmail SMTP Article

I have to enable "Less Secure Apps" for all of my clients for SMTP to work. Your tutorial should mention that some people may need to do this, because it took me an 2 hours to figure this out and luckily I've had experience with it before.

Your Tutorial
    https://support.cloudways.com/configure-gmail-smtp/?utm_source=Platformkb&utm_medium=kbsearch
    Article on how to enable Less Secure Apps
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support npm install --global

Right now, it throws a permission error. This is helpful for tools like gulp.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you add WebDav as standard for stacks and to also add the master user to the WebDav group (usermod -aG davfs2 <username>)

Can you add WebDav as standard (it's a common used service) for stacks and to also add the master user to the WebDav group (usermod -aG davfs2 <username>) this will allow the master user to setup mounts ect...

Reason for suggestion is a well known service called BrickFTP, so this link gives you an idea at the bottom:

https://brickftp.com/docs/tutorials/webdav/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add PHP Mecache as PHP extension

A lot's of caching solutions use Memcache as PHP Extension.

Like Simple Cache or WP-SPIDER CACHE will be a great addition and that would cost much since the extension is free.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. install msttcorefonts automatically

We tend to use wkhtmltopdf static binary to generate pdf's on our servers. It would be great for msttcorefonts to be installed on the server automatically so that our pdf's will be able to use standard web fonts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PCRE version too low for PHP 7.0

Hi there,

as you can read here: https://secure.php.net/manual/en/pcre.installation.php
    with PHP 7.0.3 the minimum required version of PCRE is 8.38.

Your servers still use PCRE version 8.35. Dunno if I am the first who experiences this problem, but this leads to PHP sigfault crashes in my applications (TYPO3, Shopware) and they do not respond any more.

Any chance you're updating to PCRE 8.38 in the near future?

Thanky a lot,
    Wolfgang

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XHTML 5.1 released

is XHTML is released or not because I hear from
    [URL=http://www.google.com]Google[/URL]

<a href="http://www.facebook.com">html</a>

[http://www.Example.com/ Text Here]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow SSH2 on your servers

I want to use a simple application that requires SSH2, and this is not compatible with your server configuration for some reason.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. database server and code base server should be different

database server and code base server should be different. specially in AWS where we can create both application server and database server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Default UTF Encoding

Everything is pre-configured and installed as ASCII.

if I go in and change the default encoding, it is confusing. What if I want to upgrade to PHP& and MariaDB 10? In what order should the default encodings be changed? After upgrading to PHP 7?

The Server, MySQL and PHP all have separate encoding settings. It seems like changing these at the right time during initial configuration is vital.

So if you were installing Magento 2.1 on a GCloud server, how would you go about it?

After the server is created, should I go in and change the default encodings to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change path for deployment

Possibility to change path for deployment from "/public_html" to "/"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Install GraphicsMagick

Can we have GraphicsMagick installed? It has better performance, and image quality than ImageMagick while using less memory

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base