Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reverse Proxy

When wordpress need to integrated in another website, that website has a public domain name: e.g. www.abc.com

In that public (or extranet / intranet) web application, the integration is done through an iframe.

By using iframe as a container, referring to another page / website / ...
    In order to send Javascript calls from the main web application to the application in the iframe, I need to send the calls to the same domain.

As more and more browsers are closing up security. Most browsers do not allow cross-domain scripting, when the embedded application is using the same sub-domain.

And…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Read only user for database

It would be nice to have a read only user for the database so that people that need to perform SELECT queries don't use the admin user to log in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SSL Session Cache

Add the ability to turn on ssl_session_cache.

Gives a speed boost for but also cuts down overheads for not having to request new keys every time a page request is made.

This is a pretty standard option, it shouldn't cause any conflicts as can be set individually on drops.

This is one line for a quick gain...current SSL testing is failing on this point.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Kyup Clustering for ultimate performance

Kyup is already offering the best CPU performance for the money. Use that with Clustering and you have a perfect Production setup.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow user backup settings

Hi, I would like to suggest that User should be given the chance to set the backup timings on his own preference so that he himself can fine tune it for the time when the website has the least load.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add geo detection capabilities into Varnish

Please add geo detection capabilities into Varnish, this will accelerate use case scenarios where geo detection is essential.

For e.g. in WooCommerce, their current method to provide multi-currency that's compatible with cache is using Woocommerce based geo detection, which tends redirects the visitor 4 times to the correct URL of the page with the correct currency/tax displayed.

Other multi-currency plugins attempt improve this but their loading speeds are too slow, drastically affecting woocommerce store loading times, and making caching useless.

By having geo detection capabilities right in the server stack (Nginx or Varnish, which ever is hit first by visitors)…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. support naming application folders and databases arbitrarily

The current scheme is absolutely impossible to remember. Even when renaming folders, the randomly selected name remains as the new name is a link.

That means this would have to be asked for before anything has been set up.

Usually I want to name the folder and database to the (sub)domain or the actual application name. What's easier to remember than that?

Support at least letters, digits, "-", "_", ".", unless restricted by the database engine in question.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More servers located in Brazil!

The only server located in Brazil is from Amazon. The value is too high for more common applications. Please, we urgently need more servers in Brazil regardless of the provider.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. please add advanced/custom PHP configuration for the server, so I just type the config

Please add advanced/custom PHP configuration for the server, so I just type the config, so it will effect to all apps. At the moment I only able to see the custom/advanced setting for app. Not the server.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Providing a Test Server

As with all hosting suppliers, Test servers are never charged for.

For every live server, you should allow the facility for a sandbox test server.

This will make it for anyone who has a live server to be able to test and roll out.

It should be free and will make your package for hosting a very STRONG offer.

Charging customers for a test server is not a good policy. You really need to review this and make it more attractive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exclude HTML from Nginx static cache

Currently HTML is included in the static cache of nginx.
    This results in pushing an expires 30 days header on html content request and ignoring htaccess directives.

This is particulary dangerous, since there is no way to purge that cache unless the expiration on nginx is set to 0 for all assets.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow edits to nginx config

Sometimes edits need to be applied to nginx config such as:

location ~* \.(doc|pdf|xml)$ {
    add_header X-Robots-Tag "noindex, noarchive, nosnippet";
    }

This is not currently possible and there is no work around.

This means that google will index lots of files that it shouldn't and can cause many SEO problems.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple IP addresses assigned to a server

I would love to have the option to assign multiple IP addresses to a server, so we can have different apps each on its own IP, on the same server. Right now, we have to boot up a new server (multiplying the costs) each time we need a new IP for an app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow admins atleast to ping and monitor their website.

This is really important for us please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We need fixed private IPs to clone a server and attach the same IP to a new server or other workarround. Amazon has the fixed private ip.

We need fixed private IPs to clone a server and attach the same IP to a new server or other work arround. Amazon has the fixed private ip. Amazon you buy a IP and then you attach this IP to any instance so you can create backups and upgrades easily.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Server speed

tools.pingdom.com lets me see the pageload speed of my site from various countries. I'd like to be able to compare servers before buying.

e.g. I tried Vultr in Singapore - very slow loading into Australia. Moved to Linode in Freemont - 2x the speed for the same site.

Took 2 days of setup and testing and trial accounts to work that out - perhaps there is an even faster server? I can't try them all.

Just put a 1mb web page on each server. Publish the url. Now I can compare at GTMetrix or Pingdom to choose the best server…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please enable NPM in SSH when we are using application SSH user

Currently, application SSH user does not have such permissions to run NPM via ssh. But this feature should be available
    Please enable NPM in SSH when we are using application SSH user

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve cloning process

On cloning an application, optionally allow me to specify the target url and a checkbox to specify that I want an SSL certificate installed.

This would greatly help improve the process to get that cloned server up and running much quicker.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Install libsodium (a.k.a. sodium) on all servers by default

libsodium (a.k.a. sodium) is a PHP PECL library for secure encryption in PHP. As of PHP 7.2, libsodium will be included as a core library in PHP.

It would be helpful for those of us building secure PHP applications to have access to this library now instead of waiting for PHP 7.2. This will enable us to use encryption methods that will be good for many years to come instead of being deprecated as mcrypt is now.

Note that there is a polyfill that can be used until PHP 7.2 if libsodium isn't installed, but it is not nearly as…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base