Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GeoIP with Varnish 4 vmod

I have GeoIP country switcher on my woocommerce site.
    But when I use with Varnish, it forces back to the country which the GeoIP detects instead of the one user wahts to change to. Once Varnish deactivated, country switcher works properly. First detection correct as well as manual change of the country possible.
    This module should solve the issue.
    https://guides.wp-bullet.com/cache-woocommerce-currency-geoip-varnish-4-vmod/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. https://24shots.com/products/silencerair

The Silencer Air is one of the best and perfect solutions for controlling focus/zoom on your own and also this lens control system is completely wireless and connects to the new 24shots app to enhance your workflow and improve your cinematography. Visit https://24shots.com/products/silencerair

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Buy Silencer Air & Wireless Follow Focus System at 24shots.com

24shots (24shots.com) is the best and a leading group of top and experienced camera gear enthusiasts that offers the best and affordable silencer air, wireless follow focus system, a7s follow focus, panasonic follow focus, gh5 follow focus and red follow focus for DSLRs and other filmmaking tools for daily life. Visit https://24shots.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow us to freely customise supervisord

As of now, the supervisord setting in the application setting is only for laravel queue worker. It would be nice if we can add our own custom supervisord configuration setting for other services. I really want to implement websockets into my application. The idea is simple, you allow us to create new supervisord configuration, then we would just paste our desire configuration into a textarea, and there's a button that we can click to restart the supervisord after adding new configuration.

Example:
    [program:websockets]
    command=/usr/bin/php /home/laravel-echo/laravel-websockets/artisan websockets:serve
    numprocs=1
    autostart=true
    autorestart=true
    user=laravel-echo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Preserving IP address when cloning server - making scaling down hassle-free

Scaling up is easy.

Scaling down (with Vultr, DigitalOcean or Linode) requires to clone a server.

When cloning, server gets new IP address - this causes a lot of hassle with application integration or DNS configuration.

SUGGESTION:
    It would be great to make scaling down hassle-free, so that after cloning server could have the same IP as previous server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. You should let the users host their emails in the servers

I'ts unbelievable First of all you don't let users open as many email address as they want so forcing us to pay an extra fee of $1 monthly per email address or look around another email provider for host the emails then when you pay the extra fee per email address you can't migrate your emails yourself because the company use a 3rd party service and you have no access to a control panel to manage your services with them because you sign up through cloudways so you are forced to pay a migration fee of $10 per email address…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. App containers

In 2019 it is absolutely a must to be able to use servers as app containers. If you are not gonna implement Docker support I suggest you enable us create apps as app containers.

So if I have one server to be able to create app specific config. It means one app can have certain version of php, mysql, node, npm, git, python, and another app completely different versions of them.

Now all apps from one server must have the same set of tools and languages which force us to use the oldest versions for our new apps because of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Easy text warning on Let's Encrypt failures

Twice now I have had problems with servers where I had to wait for a Let's Encrypt imposed 8-12 hour ban from creating an SSL cert because I tried and failed too many times.

It would be great if you would warn me after 2-3 failures that repeated attempts may cause this and to contact support for more help. Just a text reminder in the error message would be great, thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Admin Details Updated on Frontend

Hello,

please show the admin details updated on console frontend, with the possibility to change them directly on console instead on database.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Network Operations Center (NOC) technicians oversee complex network

Network Operations Center (NOC) technicians oversee complex network components and are responsible for network management. They perform troubleshooting on a daily basis. The work of a NOC technician entails maintaining network, servers, and telecom equipment in an organization.
    https://www.fieldengineer.com/skills/what-is-a-noc-technician

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Cloudways Platform Faster

Your competitor dashboard loads quickly. Don't get left behind!
    Please make your website faster. Here's the report http://webpagetest.org/result/190509_CW_5c95227f142c77b7ebc525f2a42e6983/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it easy to switch from other providers

I have an account with another managed service provider and I'm interested in switching to CloudWays.

The server is Vultr, and I have quite a few sites with them. Based off chat w/ support, there is no easy way to do this.

Since I have quite a few sites there, the level of effort to switch to CloudWays is putting me off from doing so.

I already use CW for one of my servers, and it'd be nice to consolidate, if the migration process would be easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Purge old log files from server in one click

Old log files take a lot of disk space. It would be great if we can remove all old log files from the Control Panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Backup Process Improvement

Hello Team,

As of now there's only one full backup / restore option (Server Management > Backups > Take Backup Now)

Can you please provide some option where the user can take backup as per their requirement, Sometime developer just want to take a backup of the database or hosting files not both all the time.

If you're providing some option where the user can take backup/restore accordingly as of now if we're taking full backup and restoring the full backup it's super time consuming for the bigger websites while they just want to take database backup.

Suggested Backup Process

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Apps List Should Show Actual App Name as Server Sees It

Basically when I run htop on the server my aliased app name is not going to show, but the actuall server app name... i.e. qgvzzgjjzt vs ApplicationName.

So in the screen where you list apps -
    https://platform.cloudways.com/apps

it would be good to have the list also show the non-aliased app name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to fix windows is not connecting to internet

How to fix windows is not connecting to internet
    My windows is not working,not connecting to internet,not responding etc.These are the major issues of windows & if you are unable to fix these issue call 1855-345-8210 toll free number for fix these issue.
    https://www.outlooktechnicalhelpline.com/windows-is-not-connecting-to-internet/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. DigitalOcean High CPU Instance Support

You support high cpu instances for AWS and Google Cloud but not DigitalOcean.

Can you include support for choosing different instance types for DigitalOcean such as their high CPU Instance?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base