Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow NGINX - SSL - Config for SSL-Stapling

Presently there is not a way to modify NGINX's SSL configuration.

I am looking to be able to configure Nginx server to use OCSP Stapling.

Edit site’s SSL configuration file to Add the following directives INSIDE the “server { }” block:

ssl_stapling on;

ssl_stapling_verify on;

This will reduce the SSL overhead abnd speed up performance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ubuntu servers as OS

I am looking a way to deploy an Ubuntu server. It will be great if you can offer it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow asynchronous logging via Loggly, Papertrail, or Splunk

Allow asynchronous (fast, non-blocking) logging via syslog daemon.

You don't even need to make it a 1-click installation for Loggly, Papertrail, or Splunk.

Just allow us to use the syslog daemon and then we can follow instructions at https://www.loggly.com/docs/php-logs/ or http://help.papertrailapp.com/kb/configuration/configuring-centralized-logging-from-php-apps/ or wherever.

Those instructions say they'd require root access (which Cloudways customers don't have), but it wouldn't require root access if you did the first steps for us.

Thanks!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. UI improvement for Delete Server/App sequence

Suggestion: Change the Delete confirmation for deleting an app or server to type DELETE Server Name or DELETE Application name or something.

Reason: The process for deleting a Server or an Application is exactly the same, same buttons, same location, etc. It is just a matter of which screen you are on when you initiate the delete sequence. And although the Console does a good job of showing what you are about to delete, the comfortable and clumsy user (like myself) often doesn't pay attention and just types DELETE (because that is the process). Thus, it can be easy to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add mySQLi support

php 7 only support mysqli database and not mysql.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change path for deployment

Possibility to change path for deployment from "/public_html" to "/"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Work on Apps while Process is Running on Server

It seems kind of strange that when I install and app to a server I am not able to do anything else on the server. I know it says the adding of a new app only takes about 2 min, but some times it takes longer(currently it has been running for 15min for me) during this time if I try to access another App it tells me the server is busy. This seems very inefficient especially if you have multiple people working on the apps and server. It would be great if I was able to still have access to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow customization of application icons

It would be easier to differentiate projects if the icon associated with them could be customized.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alert When Emails are Trying to be Sent from the Server Instead of 3rd Party or add-on

It would be very helpful for monitoring purposes and quality control purposes if we could be alerted when emails are trying to be sent from the server instead of 3rd party or add-on.

For example I have a plugin that allows me to setup emailing through mandrill on a site by site basis. This allows for better tracking. In some cases the sites are not able to communicate with mandrill and it falls back to using wp_mail() which would try to get the server to send out the email. Since Cloudways doesn't support emailing from servers these emails fail silently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Cloudways RESTful Api Discoverable

It would be awesome if cloudways' RESTful API was discoverable. That way I wouldn't have to manually update my code when the api changes. I could also pull the api info in and constructed the functions needed to use the API with out having to hardcode anything.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Install Ghostscript

Just that, please install Ghostscript as it's a requirement for other tools such as GraphicsMagick and ImageMagick

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Install GraphicsMagick

Can we have GraphicsMagick installed? It has better performance, and image quality than ImageMagick while using less memory

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MEAN Stack Support

Hello Cloudways, It would be great if you could introduce MEAN stack support, for mogodb we can connect to any third party API but the MEAN stack is very important as it can be used for variety of custom web app development.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add more file types on database import

I found myself in a position where I had a huge table locally and wanted to import it on my database.

CSV file ~30mb
    SQL file ~200mb

Unfortunately, we can only import tables from sql files. Would love to see different file types like CSV, JSON, XML

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When you clone an application the restore points should also be cloned

When cloning applications it should be a checklist where you can choose if you want restore points to be cloned as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support "if modified since" header (SEO)

See here: https://varvy.com/ifmodified.html

It will help with bandwidth as google wont have to download each page every time it crawls. It will only crawl the updated pages and therefore save bandwidth on servers and increase seo too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ask for a confirmation when "Removing" git repo from "Deployment via Git"

When removing Github repo from "Deployment via Git", please ask for a confirmation first. I clicked Remove button by accident, then had to set it up again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Run gulp on CW servers

So i talked to 2 support employees today, both with the same outcome: "Today it is not possible to run gulp on cloudways."

1. You can't install gulp globally, since cloudways won't allow global npm install.

2. You can't run gulp locally, because this will give you some permission denied.

The weirdest thing of all... Gulp is necessary to use Elixir on Laravel 5.x. The have pre-installed laravel applications, but you can't use the elixir function. Wtf?!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Yordi:

I am sorry you had to go through that much trouble.

Could you please help me understand how you were trying to use Gulp here that didn’t work?

It is true that at this point in time we don’t support global installation of Gulp. But you should be able to use Gulp easily.

If you have the Gulp dependency defined in the package.json file, then you may run `npm install` to install it. Once installed, if you have a gulpfile.js with Elixir assets defined, you can run gulp by referencing it via `./node_modules/gulp/bin/gulp.js`. It is a somewhat inconvenient, yes, but it should do the job right.

Could you please tell me if you faced issues this way?

Cloudways Team

20. restore : it should be easy process..

restore shud be possible in new application right on same server, present process is too long > clone> DNS change > restore original site> test and then reverse the complete process.
    all this cud be simpler if restore to an application is possible on same server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base