Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pagespeedy php free extension

pagespeedy is a php free extension, awesome server side cache... varnish is having some problems in prestashop latest version... plz guys, pagespeedy :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. give the option to forbid nginx from seving static files in the admin, through a checkbox

give the option to forbid nginx from seving static files in the admin, through a checkbox

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improved KB

Simply, what I want to achieve:
    - Great speed
    - Maximize CW feature

For example, you have kb about w3tc. What if the question I don't see on the kb? Leaving a comment or live chat. But, many comments remain unanswered. And now I need to figure out how to set w3tc for maximum performance here in cloudways.

Here on feedback forum. There's no quick answer.

On the other side, on live chat the customer service seems distracted sometimes and giving kb as their reference. If the kb is important to for your customer service then please improve it.

You…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. mod security

Please add mod_security

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. support the Cross Browser Testing Tool(chrome&firefox mainly) as one option of Application

Hi Team,

pretty disappointed when i don&#39;t see the Cross Browser Testing Tool(chrome&amp;firefox mainly) in the Application&#39;s option, just for your reference(<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;q=browser+testing)">https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;q=browser+testing)</a>, it&#39;s a widely used Application, i don&#39;t demand too fancy functionality out there by cloudways.com, but just expect to have the basic functions with this related, e.g: can open browsers, install extensions/add-ons,  can upload test files as <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://crossbrowsertesting.com/">https://crossbrowsertesting.com/</a> provides currently. that&#39;s it!

Thanks for consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Penetration Testing Form

Amazon AWS has a form to let them know you want to do penetration testing: https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/penetration-testing/

There should be a process at the cloudways level to facilitate this communication between the infrastructure providers and your end user/customers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Request root support via chat

I'm not a IT professional, so I do like to have a server without the configuration/administration layer, but have encountered problems when installig certain apps (eg. ERPNext).

It would be great if we could be able to request help of one executive who has root access and finally succeed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support ERPNext as ready to install app

I've been trying to run ERPNext... didn't succeed.

It would be great to have it as a stack

Links:
    - erpnext.com
    - github.com/frappe/bench

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Offer the 1.6.x branch of Prestashop alongside the 1.7

The latest version of Prestashop is 1.7. However it is a large departure from the 1.6 codebase.

There are currently very very few themes/addons with full compatibility right now.

You should offer the 1.6.x branch for installation alongside the 1.7.

Similar to what you offer with magento with the 1.9.x and the 2.0.x releases

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Prestashop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exclude HTML from Nginx static cache

Currently HTML is included in the static cache of nginx.
    This results in pushing an expires 30 days header on html content request and ignoring htaccess directives.

This is particulary dangerous, since there is no way to purge that cache unless the expiration on nginx is set to 0 for all assets.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Exclusions for New Relic Browser Monitoring / RUM for AMP pages

New Relic injects its Javascript for RUM / Browser monitoring on all pages in an application. That includes /amp pages (thats Googles mobile friendly fast loading pages). When New Relic is on, it adds Javascript to every page - but Google does not allow Javascript on AMP pages

I see its possible to disable New Relic when using PHP implementation, would be great if you guys looked at how its implemented on your platform and allowed exclusions for WordPress AMP. (This might be a problem with Facebook Instant Articles as well?).

Turning off the browser monitoring (in New Relic ->…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for Amazon Lightsail

New as of 11/30/2016, Lightsail provides much more competitive rates than normal AWS. Comparable to the DigitalOcean or Vultr plans currently offered by Cloudways.

https://amazonlightsail.com/

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Integrate R analytics with PHP

R Programming tool is used for doing analytical computations. It would be nice if the cloudways provide me some way to integrate this with my already existing PHP application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. install Gifsicle / Optipng / Jpegoptim / libjpeg

Gifsicle / Optipng / Jpegoptim / libjpeg should be pre-installed or at least it should be possible to install this modules afterwards. Currently it's not possible at all.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve permission settings

I notice when you change the shell username to something else, it doesn't change the ownership of the directories and files in the public_html directory. You have to do an additional step which is Reset Permissions to have it reflect the changes. Maybe have function to also reset permissions when you change the shell username.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please integrate IonCube with PHP 7.

IonCube is currently not integrated with PHP 7 on Cloudways, only older versions of PHP. Please run it with PHP 7.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Maintenance mode not working

If is set the maintenance mode via SSH with the command:
    php bin/magento maintenance:enable --ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx being my ip

Magento is rejecting all the incoming connections includin the IP i just added to the exempt list.

Hope you can fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please update libtidy

The one you have is from 2009! and there is no way for using to manually install the new version.

http://binaries.html-tidy.org/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base