Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Integrations..

I'd like to see add-ons/integrations for services like:
    - Segment.io
    - CloudFlare
    - New Relic
    - Pingdom/StatusCake

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restrict an SFTP logins to a specfic folder

Need to have the ability to setup restrict an SFTP logins to a specific folder inside a website. For example, domain.com/orders/xmlfiles/. And if there is a way to restict that login to a specfic IP address that would be awesome.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clone application settings

When you clone an application, you should have an option to clone also:
    - Application credentials
    - Domains
    - Cron Jobs
    - SSL Certificates
    - Application settings
    - CDN settings

At the moment, the Application Cloning process only clones the files+database, with the result that the app is working but then you have to duplicate all those settings manually in the Platform.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow existing Cloudways customer accounts to be added as team members to projects in another account

Essentially, when adding team members to a project, trying to add a user with an email address that is already a customer of cloudways (has an existing account via that email address), will result in an error notification - "You cannot add this email as team member. Use a different email for this user or contact support for more information."

This seems problematic as, with a client on more than one project or across a different account, one can only add the same client by insisting the client maintain several email address for each instance of a team member addition. …

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding subdomains pointing to the existing directories in application or external site

I was surprised to know that that you cannot add a subdomain and point to your existing directories. even pointing to other domains.This features was there in cpanel from beginning and it is quite useful. Especially this features helps to server make the site much more faster in magento by making subdomains for stating content like media, js etc and configure in magento application. I had this setup in my earlier hosting making the site to load ~1 sec. I have moved the site to cloudways now it loads ~4 seconds

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. enforce https

Please add a feature to the Cloudways dashboard to easily force HTTPS. It's not hard to add a rewrite rule to .htaccess but many platforms such as Kinsta and SiteGround have easy switch for this.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improved mysql manager with search and replace functionality

The current administrator is fast and lightweight but it needs a little more functionality. For example it would be nice to have a "search" option within a table and once you get the result set to have the option to modify, delete, etc. Currently if you want to modify the record 10.000 in a table you have to display up to that record and then you get the option to modify it. If you do a query to list only your record 10.000 there is no option to modify it. Yes, it can all be done with queries... but that…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide server details from Team Members with limited application access

When I give limited access to team members the first console screen after they login it shows the server details - server type, disk, etc.

I want to give application access to my clients but I don't want them seeing the level of server I have them on. It would be better to either not show the server details or go straight into the application dashboard.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new console (already in private beta for some 500 customers and to be in public beta from next week) already includes this (no server access option) along many more fine grained privileges that will be possible to set.

We are not going to implement it on old console as it should be out of the way in short time.

Cloudways Team

11. Client specific billing for apps or servers

Could you guys add in a client billing feature like they have at https://wpoven.com/?
    You can enter clients attached to applications and bill them monthly through the site control panel. It would be the cherry on top for Cloudways.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add elastic email log in console

I really like how easy it is to use elastic email in Cloudways. However, there is no way to find out if emails were sent/delivered. We have to chat with support to check if an email was sent.

It would be nice to have an interface in console to view sent email logs.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Monthly bandwidth on per app basis

It would be great to see what app consumes most of the bandwidth.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Server Share Billing is Unfair

In Cloudways we get to share our server with other CloudWays users. But billing both of the users ( owner & shared account holder ) the complete price of the server is unfair.

Let me break this down:

Let's say "USER A" has 7$ DO 512MB Server and he shares it with "USER B"

Then Cloudways is charging 7$x2 = 14$ from both the users.

"USER B" is getting only CloudWays Console features with the shared server. All the resources are same

Same 512MB ram, Single core Cpu, and 20 GB SSD.

But still, he has to pay total 7$…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the piwik stats system part of your app installs

Piwik is an open source selfhosted stat system and alternative to google analytics.

Making it simple to install and setup with high performance defaults would add a great feature to your click&go platform.

http://piwik.org/

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restricted access to FTP users

Hi,

You CloudWays have a feature to create new access for Appilcation. But there should be an option to give limited access. For example I have 5 folders in /applications/uhspstmcyh/publichtml application. I have a created a new application credential, I want that user should have access to only one folder which is /applications/uhspstmcyh/publichtml/area

This feature is not available at the moment.

Thanks,
    Sumit

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STOP USING AJAX FOR SAVING CONSOLE CHANGES!!

It's slower than traditional POST/submit button. Pain in the backside when having to make multiple changes. Please sort.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Backup Process Improvement

Hello Team,

As of now there's only one full backup / restore option (Server Management > Backups > Take Backup Now)

Can you please provide some option where the user can take backup as per their requirement, Sometime developer just want to take a backup of the database or hosting files not both all the time.

If you're providing some option where the user can take backup/restore accordingly as of now if we're taking full backup and restoring the full backup it's super time consuming for the bigger websites while they just want to take database backup.

Suggested Backup Process

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Google SSO login for Team members (only works for the account Owner)

After a conversation with support it seems that Google SSO login only works for the account Owner but not Team Members.

Can you make this work for Team Members too please because currently they think that their account or login isn't working when they expect this to work as it would on any other website.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Specify time of day for backups

It would be nice to be able to specify a general time of day for backups to be made. Something like morning, noon, night. Of course to be able to pick the exact hour would be even better.

Right now backups are being made around 9pm local time on my server and that is making things very slow whenever I work in the admin area of wordpress, which is around 9pm in the evening.

Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base