Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remote mysql database access

The ability to connect remotely to a hosted database on a server, possibly an IP whitelist

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With some delay, but the new console and new website are now live. Fully responsive, you should have a much better experience when accessing both from your mobile devices.

Cloudways Team

3. Add Google single sign on login to ClicknGo (and new control panel)

You currently offer Linkedin and Github sso, but please allow Google sso. This would be a great feature for Google Apps for business users and even others with a gmail account.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. API support

I'd like to recommend you have API support added to your system. I'd love to be able to launch and control Cloudways services through an API.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now you can updated username and password for both Master Credentials and Application Credentials:
    https://support.cloudways.com/which-is-the-difference-between-master-credentials-and-application-credentials/

You can also change the database password (please note that you need to update manually the database password in your applications configuration files).

We don’t have plans to allow FQDN change (FQDN is just meant for you to point your own domain to via CNAME) nor database name / database username changes. These are core to many platform processes and we can’t allow for them to be updated.

Cloudways Team

6. Let's Encrypt SSL for subdomains and multisites

All webmasters using subdomains or wordpress multisites will be happy about it

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your votes, comments, and patience. We have now rolled out this functionality onto production and made it available to everybody.

Cloudways Team

7. Enable NewRelic application monitoring

Your server monitoring is useful, but it would be nice to be able to monitor specific applications. A way to auto-install the NewRelic client would be especially useful.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create an On/Off Switch for the apps (start/stop apps)

A switch that easily allow switching an app on or off.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. mysql 5.7

When will this update available mysql 5.7 in the panel.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add PHP 5.5x to your stack options

My developer is asking me for a stack option using PHP 5.5x, it would be great this could be offered on ClicknGo platforms especially considering PHP is recommending 5.4 to be phased out: http://php.net/archive/2014.php#id2014-09-18-2

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Default applications are launched with PHP 5.5 From Server Settings & Packages section you can now upgrade to 5.6 or downgrade to 5.4 ( plus upgrade mysql, replace it with mariadb and deploy redis).

Cloudways Team

11. 46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. mariaDB

Faster and better database. Created by Original developer of Mysql and Used by best of several big players as alternative for mySQL

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now completed.

Under Server Settings & Packages section (Server tab) you can replace mysql with mariadb.

Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure
    that all the applications in the server will work with the deployed database.

Enjoy!

Cloudways Team

13. 43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow cloning of the apps between different servers under the same Click&Go account

It would be very useful to be able to clone an app to a different existing server under the same Click&Go account. This way it could be easier manage the resources used on different servers.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Cloudways

This is now live. In the Application tab, if you click on clone for any application you can now choose:

• Clone on same server.
    • Clone to new server.
    • Clone to any other existing server in your account.

Cloudways Team

15. 42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Default Application" for server public IP

When I create a $20 Digital Ocean server it's because I'm looking for power! When I host 2+ applications, I'm unable to control which application is attached to the default IP. What if I want application #5 to be the primary website shown when someone visit's the "default ip"?

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. EWWW Image Optimizer integration

It would be great if EWWW Image Optimizer plugin would be a part of default WordPress app installation. There is an issue with installing EWWW to an existing WordPres app.

I arelady talk to EWWW developers about that.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-install-jpegtran-optipng-etc-on-cloudways-hosting?replies=26#post-8260174

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have deployed missing packages so EWWW can fully work on top of our platform. We do not have plans to add it as default but now, anyone wanting to use it should have no problems.

Cloudways Team

19. Zend Guard Loader

Please add Zend Guard Loader in stack Cloudways.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now live, it can be enabled through Server → Settings and Packages → Advanced Page.

Please note it is not officially supported with PHP7.x . However it can be used with PHP5 deployements

Cloudways Team

20. Hosting email addresses

Every hosting provider I have used allowed me to create as many email addresses as I wanted without an extra cost.

At the moment, I need to pay for two servers because on your server I need to pay monthly for each email account. I have one server with you (I host my websites on it), and the other with another company (I host on it the email addresses for these sites.

Could you make my and other life easier by adding an option in the app console for creating and hosting email accounts?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As other users pointed, we have partnered with Rackspace to offer mailboxes at a very discounted rate (best pricing for very reliable Rackspace Email mailboxes that you will find anywhere).

More information here:
    https://www.cloudways.com/en/addon/rackspace-email-hosting.php

We don’t have plans to support deploying mailboxes on our servers as we see email as a completely different service than web hosting, that is what we are trying to be very good at.

Cloudways Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base