Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update Git

Cloudways is still running Git 2.1.4 released on 18-Dec-2014. A handful of really neat features have been added to Git since then. One new feature that would be very helpful to have on Cloudways servers is the updateInstead option for the receive.denyCurrentBranch config added in Git 2.3, which allows pushing directly to the server even if the branch is checked out on the server. This would eliminate the need to set up a repository on an intermediary server. Users could just add their Cloudways server as a remote in their local git repository and push directly from there to the…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Static HTML stack

We'd quite like the ability to specify a HTML-only stack with PHP disabled and no database. While this might seem an odd request, we sometimes have the need for temporary holding sites, additional sub-sites, etc. It's potentially also of use with headless CMS sites. Having related sites on the same server / within the same interface is useful.

While I realise we can use the PHP install for this, I'd prefer something that has code execution properly disabled from the start.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add GitLab as available Click&Go application

Have GitLab (or another GIT server) available as application on CloudWays Click&Go.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cloudflare integration

Integrate Cloudflare as a DNS server, when setting up a domain in the application, automatically include it through the api in the Cloudflare zone.
    If possible a small panel with zone settings, if not possible, only the shortcut of adding the domain with @ and cname already greatly improves the processes.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support postgres database

support postgresql database

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add support Google Brotli compression format

Brotli is a new open source compression algorithim developed by Google as an alternative to Gzip, Zopfli, and Deflate. Google's case study on Brotli has shown compression ratios of up to 26% smaller than current methods, with less CPU usage.

Brotli compression is currently supported by the following browsers:
    - Google Chrome: Chrome 49+
    - Mozilla Firefox: Firefox 44+ (released January 26, 2016)
    - Opera: Opera 36+

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Offer Litespeed Webserver besides Nginx

Litespeed offers a nice performance increment over Apache and Nginx. This would be a great addition to your current performance-oriented offer.

http://www.litespeedtech.com/products/litespeed-web-server/benchmarks/small-static-file

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cloudways please document your security practices

I would like to suggest that Cloudways publishes an article or other document that describes how Cloudways maintains, patches, updates servers and secures them.

The intent is not to disclose details that puts security at risk but instead demonstrates the value Cloudways is providing in the area of helping its customers maintain a secure server and application environment.

Information should include frequency of update / patch deployment, frequency of security scans for malware / unauthorized access, firewall ports and services that are open especially those for inbound traffic from the Internet, intrusion protection mechanisms, transparency reports for government information requests…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is indeed a good suggestion. We at Cloudways believe in being transparent to our users in all operational areas. We have added this idea to our Product Improvement Ideas list, and information about security would be available on the Cloudways Platform in the coming days.

Cloudways Team

9. Adding subdomains pointing to the existing directories in application or external site

I was surprised to know that that you cannot add a subdomain and point to your existing directories. even pointing to other domains.This features was there in cpanel from beginning and it is quite useful. Especially this features helps to server make the site much more faster in magento by making subdomains for stating content like media, js etc and configure in magento application. I had this setup in my earlier hosting making the site to load ~1 sec. I have moved the site to cloudways now it loads ~4 seconds

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improved KB

Simply, what I want to achieve:
    - Great speed
    - Maximize CW feature

For example, you have kb about w3tc. What if the question I don't see on the kb? Leaving a comment or live chat. But, many comments remain unanswered. And now I need to figure out how to set w3tc for maximum performance here in cloudways.

Here on feedback forum. There's no quick answer.

On the other side, on live chat the customer service seems distracted sometimes and giving kb as their reference. If the kb is important to for your customer service then please improve it.

You…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include Cloudways DNS

Having a DNS is very important, as redirecting from CNAME hurts SEO. It's a very basic feature, and must be included.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improved mysql manager with search and replace functionality

The current administrator is fast and lightweight but it needs a little more functionality. For example it would be nice to have a "search" option within a table and once you get the result set to have the option to modify, delete, etc. Currently if you want to modify the record 10.000 in a table you have to display up to that record and then you get the option to modify it. If you do a query to list only your record 10.000 there is no option to modify it. Yes, it can all be done with queries... but that…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sphinx and Solr engine

Magento search is probably a problem for most of Magento user and I think Sphinx and Solr are what all Magento store need. So if these engine can be installed, it must be very convenience.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Different MySQL users - one for managing database and one with limited permissions for usage in scripts

As many apps stores MySQL credentials in a plain text inside code. I suggest to provide us with 2 MySQL users
    1) Admin user - with the most wide permissions
    2) Script user - allowed only to manipulate with rows (CRUD)

This is common security practice on other hostings.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Java + Apache Tomcat

Add Java to the Stack and servers for Java applications.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please enable device detection in Varnish

My site has different version for mobile / desktop.

So it is not performing well with Varnish due to caching.

Please do enable Device detection in Varnish

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There isn’t any standard specification or list of user agents available to differentiate between the devices.
    However we are assessing situation.

Regards,
    Cloudways Team

18. Discourse

It would be great If we can have our own Discourse forum and managed by cloudways, so we can focus on building communities without have to worrying about how to install and upgrading discourse.

For those who never heard of Discourse, It is a Free forum software build on ruby and ember.js. For more info. check it out here:
    http://www.discourse.org/

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include Odoo 8 (Open ERP V8) as an App

Would love to have a one-click install of Odoo 8. I believe this requires PostgreSQL/Python

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Node.js/Mongo DB Hosting

I develop using React.js. Node.js/Meteor, as well as MongoDB. I would love to use cloudways to launch and develop applications using this stack. This would be a game changer for real developers. I hope you all work on this soon. Thank you

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base