Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. start to host Vultr's new High Frequency Compute Packages

The new High Frequency Compute packages from Vultr are a huge improvement over their previous packages at a tiny increase in cost.

Benchmarks of 2413 Geekbench ($5) vs 4883 Geekbench ($6), 25GB vs 32GB storage, high clock CPU's and NVMe Local Storage for just an extra dollar!

Having to use a management solution to host these packages such as runcloud, serverpilot etc is an extra hassle for the average consumer and I have no doubt this will offer a huge surge of customers who are willing to pay for the convenience!

Many thanks :)

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add BitNinja.io security for both Server and Apps

Would be great having this installed as an option. Would protect server and all the Apps installed so we don't necessary have to go for Sucuri for each single App when clients cannot afford.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Discourse

It would be great If we can have our own Discourse forum and managed by cloudways, so we can focus on building communities without have to worrying about how to install and upgrading discourse.

For those who never heard of Discourse, It is a Free forum software build on ruby and ember.js. For more info. check it out here:
    http://www.discourse.org/

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manage rackspace email accounts from within console

The current option to add mailboxes from Rackspace is extremely limited.
    The only way to order them, is via a small window and is very limited information.
    I have no details at all about current mailboxes, quota usage etc...
    Also, the only way to order mailboxes is by TYPING in the details in the window including the desired password for the mailbox???
    Afterwards, I get a confirmation back from support with the password in the email.
    It's completely unsafe to communicate about passwords this way.

And lastly, there is no control at all about the mailboxes.
    I can't create extra…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voicing your frustrations about this. We have taken this into our consideration and will be improving this feature in this sprint.

Cloudways Team

5. Include Odoo 8 (Open ERP V8) as an App

Would love to have a one-click install of Odoo 8. I believe this requires PostgreSQL/Python

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Offer WHM/cPanel/Plesk Support

Your platform is amazing, I just migrated a client's site to it today and it dropped the load time from 9.8s to 2.3s. I would love to move all of the clients off my existing VPS but I have about 20 clients that are used to having individual cPanel accounts. I would gladly pay the extra $$ for a license!

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Offer Application Migration to make PHP 7 Upgrade Easier

While I'm glad to finally have the ability to upgrade to PHP 7, it's very frustrating and time-consuming to have to clone every application in order to make that happen.

That means new IP addresses, new FTP user accounts, new IP Whitelisting setup, SSL certificate setup, reconfiguring the SMTP mail add-on...and of course, DNS propagation time. What a hassle!!

Please develop an auto-migration tool to move an application (or server) to a new server, rather than clone it, keeping the abovementioned settings intact.

This would also help for Digital Ocean server downgrades -- rather than cloning to a new (smaller)…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support and upgrade to mysql 5.7 and varnish 5.

When will cloudways support or upgrade to mysql 5.7 and varnish 5?

tks.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

MySQL 5.7 is already made available in Cloudways Platform.

There isn’t much difference between varnish version 4 and 5, therefore would like to understand if there is specific requirements that varnish 4 can’t cater ?

Cloudways Team

9. run script after git deploy

the ability to provide a .sh script that will be run after each git deploy if the file cloudways/build.sh is found for exemple.

this way you can run npm install, or anything related to a framework deploy (symfony commands for exemple), or even database migrations

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. HSTS (Strict Transport Security)

Hi,

Do you support HSTS (Strict Transport Security) in the future? Maybe it will add more security.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add support to MEAN Stack (MongoDB + Express + AngularJS + NodeJS)

It'd be great to have the option to have a NodeJS+Express based web server, using MongoDB as database and with support for AngularJS... in short a full MEAN Stack ;) Thanks!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow firewall options

Allow us to customise the firewall (to define which port numbers can be opened)

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. WordPress and Woocommerce apps should both use Woo Varnish by default

My suggestion is that all WordPress apps use the Woocommerce Varnish by default.

This way there's no risk of a user installing a normal WordPress app and later installing Woocommerce on it, only to find out that their cart is broken because of Varnish.

Here is why:

I found out that the WordPress app uses a unique Varnish and the Woocommerce app uses it's own unique Varnish.

I ran into a problem with a WordPress app that I later decided to install Woocommerce on. Once I did, the normal wp Varnish did not support Woocommerce and it broke my cart…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. White Label Domain

For agencys, it would be great for us to be able to globally white label the URL

For example,
    wordpress-000000-000000.cloudwaysapps.com

to:
    000000-000000.mydomain.com

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Find a replacement for Kyup

Kyup is closing. Please look for an alternate provider with similar specifications.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alarm on bandwidth Monitoring by email

Having to pay for a bandwidth that will rely on behavior of internet (such as robot attack, malware, what ever intention...) but not being able to stop the expense is not something anyone would sign for, woudl you?

Therefore, having an alarm on bandwith with a threshold set by us is something to consider. Though the monitoring can be done through SSH , alarm must be done by email since none of us are spending they day watching the bandwidth consumption.

I will not sign for the account for this reason. that is total not acceptable interm of business rules…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hide server details from Team Members with limited application access

When I give limited access to team members the first console screen after they login it shows the server details - server type, disk, etc.

I want to give application access to my clients but I don't want them seeing the level of server I have them on. It would be better to either not show the server details or go straight into the application dashboard.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new console (already in private beta for some 500 customers and to be in public beta from next week) already includes this (no server access option) along many more fine grained privileges that will be possible to set.

We are not going to implement it on old console as it should be out of the way in short time.

Cloudways Team

19. 29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Zoho email provider

I came to know through RackSpce support that they only allow 250 similar mails/day. Per them if our PHP script utilizes their SMTP to send more than 250 mails even though they are of different content, they will be considered spam. ZohoMail has higher limit and economical for our business need.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base