I suggest you ...

Multi-tier (more than one server for my application, load balancer, web servers, database server...)

I would love to have the option of setting up a multi-server application for more targeted and cost effective scaling. For instance, Say I could create a Wordpress site with a dedicated DB server, a dedicated load balancer, and a dedicated Web server. As my site grows, I can scale the specific part that is needed. If my site is gets a lot of views (reads), but doesn't make many writes, scaling my existing web server (or adding another instance) may be what's needed. If I'm running a WooCommerce site and start pushing the limits of my db server, increasing the resources or implementing replication might make more sense. It would be really great to have that level of control when growing a site.

744 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  CloudwaysAdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) responded  · 

For the last couple of month we have been doing preliminary work on this. We are working on a cluster like solution that will provide high availability and easy scalability while offering a high degree of control and customisation. We expect to have an alpha version available at the end of the second quarter.

Will keep you posted.

Cloudways Team

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DonDon commented  · 

Yes

• JasonJason commented  · 

When I joined recently, I was surprised this wasn't already a feature.

• CloudwaysAdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

We are considering how to better solve the multi-tier / auto-scaling / high-availability problem. As you know, our main focus is simplicity, so we need to consider it in this context too.

We have some ideas about it but need to develop them.

Cloudways Team

• Patrick HealyPatrick Healy commented  · 

Yes, this would be really helpful for folks running API's that support multiple geographies when you need to commit to redundant servers.

• JessJess commented  · 

I think adding load balancer to connect servers is really helpful, as I was testing using web load test and 2GB DO server doesn't hold any 100+ concurrent users. also when tested using 500, 1000, 3000.. the test was aborted because errors threshold was reached at the early of the test

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base