I suggest you ...

Please add FTP support

SFTP is not available always. My clients need to be able to FTP the profile of a product/property via FTP as an XML file, for example.

64 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VirSan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow.. this is the first time when I see this... That's a basic feature of ftp.....and should be available by default...

Security wise... this is very risky as well...

Hope it will be available soon...

• Dan Birlem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this would be HUGELY beneficial for auto-updating Wordpress plugins. My first thought would be that FTP users are disabled for security purposes, but at least give us FTPS (secure layer port 21). Thank you. Manually updating Wordpress by a SFTP client is MURDEROUSLY slow.

All SSH/SFTP plugins that attempt to make the process work with SFTP/SSH have not been working on Cloudways, so I'll just save everyone the time and effort to test them.

• vynnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this as well. What is the reason to create new application credentials if they all have the same access level?

• Luca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, it is possible implement in server setting, different user of FTP with a specific folder?

Thank you very much

• Joachim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this ? This is really important.. Having the same problems as Fabio Tielen

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature I would like as well I'm quite surprised its not available to be honest

• Fabio Tielen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature too.
        We have a client with an external application (ERP) that generates an XML feed for the webstore.
        The application needs to upload it to a specific folder and the account has to be locked into that specific folder only.
        Currently, it is impossible at all with Cloudways and they can't even do it manually :(
        This is just basic FTP features... I don't understand something important like this is not possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloudways should considers adding feature on the ftp as following:

the system should be able to create ftp user permission to access particular folder.
        With that, the owner can give the permission to the other user with limited access to web server folder. That's part of the security.

• Sem Holtkamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the ability to add FTP users for my clients. They don't need the whole console access, just FTP.

Also, I don't want to give full application access to prevent file deletion, etc.. I only want to use FTP into a specific folder where they can upload csv, xml, excel and image files to auto-sync products and stock. Nothing more, yet this seems impossible with current console.

It's really a very important function for me! If it doesn't come fast, i sadly have to move my clients webshop(s) away. While I really appreciate your platform and it's easy use...

Feedback and Knowledge Base