I suggest you ...

Hide server details from Team Members with limited application access

When I give limited access to team members the first console screen after they login it shows the server details - server type, disk, etc.

I want to give application access to my clients but I don't want them seeing the level of server I have them on. It would be better to either not show the server details or go straight into the application dashboard.

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jon shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) responded  · 

The new console (already in private beta for some 500 customers and to be in public beta from next week) already includes this (no server access option) along many more fine grained privileges that will be possible to set.

We are not going to implement it on old console as it should be out of the way in short time.

Cloudways Team

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Derek commented  · 

They also have write access to database credentials... not good

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

There is no ETA for removing old console. As said, hopefully from next week new one will be in public beta and anyone can choose to use it any or all time. If things go well, we will set as default new console and allow customers to switch to all for a period long enough for every one to be comfortable with new one. What we are not going to do is to implement any new feature on old console when new one is the default, so this should give reason to people for a reasonably quick transition.

Cloudways Team

• Sam commented  · 

Oh yes, that's great. When is the new console going to take over the old console. I mean what's the ETA for old console decommissioning?

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

The new console (already in private beta for some 500 customers and to be in public beta from next week) already includes this (no server access option) along many more fine grained privileges that will be possible to set.

We are not going to implement it on old console as it should be out of the way in short time.

Cloudways Team

• Sam commented  · 

This is such a no-brainer feature that is a must have. Without this the access system is kaput. Here's a scenario. I give access to a team member with limited application level only access.

Now with that access, he can do the following:
        - Upgrade / downgrade my server.
        - Change server settings and packaging too.

Above two are a killer. Why would I want someone to change the server settings when all I gave them is an access to an app.

Please implement this asap. Without this I am just getting built up a lot of frustration.

• Louis Garcia commented  · 

A large issue in my opinion when working with numerous vendors, contractors, and team members. Vendors shouldn't be able to turn on/off these settings. Team shouldn't carry the privileged access.

Feedback and Knowledge Base