I suggest you ...

Add multiple domain ssl support for a single application.

I have WordPress MU and I have multiple ssl certificates for the multiple domains but I can't use it within one application, therefore I have to create multiple wordpress instances for the domains.

Very annoying that I can't use WordPress MU with multiple domains with multiple single domain ssl certifications.

31 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam Radocz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) responded  · 

We have added a support of SAN in our platform, which will allow you to have a support for multiple domains using single SSL certificate. Having SAN available there won’t be a need of getting separate SSL for multiple domains mapped to a single website.

Moreover, work is already in progress for Let’sEncrypt (freeSSL) to support multiple domains using single SSL.

Cloudways Team

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Todd commented  · 

If you could just allow for multiple certs to be installed we could have this covered with a wildcard and standard Let's Encrypt cert...please enable soon!

• Vyse commented  · 

Thanks. Greatly appreciated.

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

We have added support for SAN certificates in our platform. SAN allows for a single certificate to cover multiple subdomains. Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_Alternative_Name

You install SAN certificates in the same way as normal certificates.

We are also working to allow Let's Encrypt to support multiple subdomains. You can follow it here:
        http://feedback.cloudways.com/forums/203824-service-improvement/suggestions/15884820-let-s-encrypt-ssl-for-subdomains-and-multisites

Cloudways Team

• Jimi commented  · 

This is much needed. WordPress multisite is an awesome tool, but without Let's encrypt support for multiple certs on a single app, it just doesn't make sense to host a network on CloudWays right now.

• Kieran commented  · 

I have the same issue. I am thinking that a multi domain SSL cert would get around the issue.

What do you think?

• Scott commented  · 

I need this really bad as well. I started moving sites to Cloudways but when I got to the point of needing to install my ssl certs I was very surprised I could only have 1 per application. I am not able to just create more instances as my whole setup is around WordPress multisite.

• Vyse commented  · 

I postpone my plan to purchase wildcard ssl since cloudways don't support multile ssl for single application. Because I might need additional ssl for the mapped domain on the wpmu app I currently have. Really hope they support this feature.

• Bryson T. commented  · 

I'm in the same boat, Adam. Doesn't work in my setup to use sub-directories or sub-domains for the blogs in the MU installation, so I map TLDs for each blog. Automatically rules out the SSL option for any part of that network.

Feedback and Knowledge Base