I suggest you ...

Hosting email addresses

Every hosting provider I have used allowed me to create as many email addresses as I wanted without an extra cost.

At the moment, I need to pay for two servers because on your server I need to pay monthly for each email account. I have one server with you (I host my websites on it), and the other with another company (I host on it the email addresses for these sites.

Could you make my and other life easier by adding an option in the app console for creating and hosting email accounts?

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marcin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) responded  · 

As other users pointed, we have partnered with Rackspace to offer mailboxes at a very discounted rate (best pricing for very reliable Rackspace Email mailboxes that you will find anywhere).

More information here:
    https://www.cloudways.com/en/addon/rackspace-email-hosting.php

We don’t have plans to support deploying mailboxes on our servers as we see email as a completely different service than web hosting, that is what we are trying to be very good at.

Cloudways Team

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, the problem woult be fixed if there was an option to pay for email hosting for XX domain. I dont mind paying 3-5 dollars for unlimited emailboxes at rackspace.

I do mind paying 1$ for each inbox...

• Paul Luong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use mailgun as a proxy and setup any email addresses @yourdomain.com you want for free. Full guide how to do that here http://www.custompcguide.net/setup-your-own-domains-email-accounts-for-free-via-mailgun-and-gmailhotmail-for-cloudways-digital-ocean-serverpilot-and-vultr-vps/

It's totally worth a try because mailgun free plan lets you send up to 10,000 emails a month before you need to pay $0.00050 per additional email.

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As other users pointed, we have partnered with Rackspace to offer mailboxes at a very discounted rate (best pricing for very reliable Rackspace Email mailboxes that you will find anywhere).

More information here:
        https://www.cloudways.com/en/addon/rackspace-email-hosting.php

We don't have plans to support deploying mailboxes on our servers as we see email as a completely different service than web hosting, that is what we are trying to be very good at.

Cloudways Team

• Mathijs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally disagree. Email hosting and website hosting are two different things and should be separated. What is you move from a PHP website to some other platform? You have to migrate your email..... Rackspace is excellent. The integration could be better.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, your hosting and email should be separate.

If you need to move hosts, moving email is a pain too. And I've seen cpanel hosting get corrupted by email viruses.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cpanel emails in other hosting environments are junk and get clogged with spam.

If you want free email just look into Zoho Mail. 25 business emails free and 5GB storage.

• Leo Maverick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't you provide email hosting? I don't want to pay 1$ for rackspace email hosting for each email from my clients that I host their websites on my VPS!! And now? I'll have to hire another VPS only to host email...this is not a good thing about cloudways, I'm very disappointed. I hope you think about a solution very soon!

• Leo Maverick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're absolutely right!!? I don't want to pay 1$ per each email account on rackspace!! No way

Feedback and Knowledge Base