I suggest you ...

Fully Support WP Rocket

Your KB article on WP Rocket says that you don't fully support minification of JS/CSS due to Varnish caching on the server.

It would be amazing if you guys could reach out to WP Rocket and see if this could be resolved.

83 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PilcrowPixel commented  · 

I'd also really like to know if the (.*)/?f=(.*) URL exclusion fix mentioned way back in December does actually work with WP Rocket's minification (as detailed here too: http://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/670-hosting-compatibility#cloudways). Today I submitted a support ticket about a couple of my sites and part of the answer suggested I should turn off WP Rocket minification because it can cause issues, so there's obviously a discrepancy here in the information. Ideally, I'd really like to be able to use WP Rocket's minification on Cloudways as the plugin is ecellent.

• Eyecandypopper commented  · 

A below comment says: "With the new exclusion settings released recently, this is no longer an issue. A simple url exclusion of (.*)/?f=(.*) will allow the minification process to run smoothly."

Cloudways responded: "Thanks for the suggestion. We will check further if this is a stable solution or just a quick fix. By excluding the string you mentioned, yes this allows minificatioin to work with WP-Rocket. We will add this to our relevant KB if it does not cause any troubles."

This was 4 months ago, has this been confirmed to be a "stable" solution and added to the relevant KB article? Which article? What does this exclusion do? WP Rocket also concatenates the files, is that what gets excluded?

• Dan Lavie commented  · 

It's a shame that CloudWays force the W3 Cache on every install by default.
        This should be an option, not forcefully push.

Every new wp install on cloudways requires me to:
        1. Disable the w3 cache plugin.
        2. Delete the plugin.
        3. Connect with ftp.
        4. Delete the w3 cache folder
        5. Find out that permissions must be repaired to do that.
        6. I reset permission, and go back to the FTP
        7. I can now delete the W3 Cache folder.
        8. Clear Varnish cache or disable it.

This is done for every new WordPress install with CloudWays.

This is a great waste of time.
        Just make the W3 Cache as optional, or let the client to install it himself.
        This is not Wix or some other grandma website building tools.
        This is a place for professionals, and they usually do know what they want, and how to install it.

I love the Support Team, but I seriously consider moving away back to DigitalOcean, since I get a true clean server there.

So please, remove W3 cache plugin by default. PLEASE!

• Aaron commented  · 

Any updates on this?

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will check further if this is a stable solution or just a quick fix. By excluding the string you mentioned, yes this allows minificatioin to work with WP-Rocket. We will add this to our relevant KB if it does not cause any troubles.

You can easily exclude relative URLs by following our KB: https://support.cloudways.com/how-to-exclude-url-from-varnish/

Cloudways Team

• Michael Dorchain commented  · 

With the new exclusion settings released recently, this is no longer an issue.
        A simple url exclusion of (.*)/?f=(.*) will allow the minification process to run smoothly.

Michael

• Daniel commented  · 

Yes, please fix this!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Reach the developer please. It's something very important. Or if you can do a partnership with them so we have wp rocket as add on.

• M commented  · 

Yep, this really should get sorted!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be great! Really would be nice to have this tended to.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, lack of kb to setting wp rocket.

Feedback and Knowledge Base