I suggest you ...

Create an On/Off Switch for the apps (start/stop apps)

A switch that easily allow switching an app on or off.

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marcus Stafford commented  · 

The next step for this is to have a customisable holding page so users/clients know why it's been disabled (accounts/sla/aup).

• Anonymous commented  · 

great news! Have a button to disable an app used in development environment is a must

• Marcus Stafford commented  · 

It doesn't happen very often but a 'suspend account' feature where it points to a customisable suspension page would be useful.

• Rastislav commented  · 

It would be great if there was option to pause Application to stop any processes inside like Cron, web content etc. currently I need delete cronjobs and other stuff like that also inside php application, a pause can solve it like charm.

• Version commented  · 

This would be great for reducing memory usage on redundant apps.

• Philippe commented  · 

me 2...
        server is using resources to run e.g. test applications

• Federico Rossi commented  · 

Per favore... Implementate questa funzione perchè è un'assurdità che ad oggi non ci siano possibilità di spegnere un sito web!

• Anonymous commented  · 

As i have many development apps, I would like to active them only when needed. They are an open doors for DOS services or hackers. It's incredibile there isn't a switch on/off

• Bhavin Patel commented  · 

I use cloudways to host my customer's website. A lot of times they miss the payment and I have to change the A records to point it to a blank or suspended website (which is a pain). Having a button to turn On/Off individual application would be an awesome feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great to have this. Not only for unpaid hosting but also if you are migrating. I cloned an app to a new server and before deleting the old one I want to be sure that it is not accessed anymore.

• Ignazio commented  · 

In plesk panel, you can "stop" a domain name....this is very useful if i've in my server an hacked site or an unpaid hosting...

• david commented  · 

Would like this functionality. We at times need to disable applications due to unpaid invoices from our clients.

• dstar commented  · 

It would be useful to diagnose which app is causing the high cpu. Not the best way, but at least it's a quick way to find out.

• Paul Portelli commented  · 

Yeah, it would be nice to see this functionality built in but thanks for the recommendation and consideration.

• Anonymous commented  · 

When we are working in IIS server, we can pause a specific app pool/app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be good if you provide an option to pause / stop a app like server

Feedback and Knowledge Base