I suggest you ...

Backup (costs): more transparency desirable and possibility to disable the backup service

1) Backups of server is a payed service. Totally fair, but it is not noted anywhere inside the platform portal. You have to dig like 3 articles deep to find out the actual costs for backup storage. It would be nice if in the server settings this was more transparent communicated.

2) Once you have multiple servers it is nearly impossible to find out what is actually charged per month for backup storage costs and what is droplet cost. Some reporting on this would be helpfull.

3) And last but not least, I think backup should be optional. I can easily create a custom script and cron job to create backups of applications myself to possibly a cheaper backup storage service. However, I must use the CloudWays backup service and I am forced to pay for this.

78 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dirk shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sheryl commented  · 

... AND the Ability do DELETE Server backups that are no longer needed !

App backups rather than full server backups would be Great as well.

We can create On Demand Backups.

But we have No way of deleting unneeded backups once we have made major website changes.
        Net Effect: we have Much space taken up by Garbage for a long period of time, we must Pay for "garbage" continually, until Cloudways decides to Finally Delete it, and restore this space to us.

Even Windows allows a max backup space, and other services offer a 'max number of backups to keep' setting. These are basic These are not the Ideal settings, but it's certainly better than Cloudways allows for.
        Instead Cloudways locks us out of a whole section of our server space, with no control over it whatsoever. We cannot even see how much space this is !

Feedback and Knowledge Base