I suggest you ...

Improve your customer support quality (chat/tickets)

I don't know if it's just me, but the support quality and speed has been degraded fast lately..

When I just became customer @Cloudways (like a year ago) support was fast and helpful. They took time and really looked into my issues.

Now it's a whole different story. Today for example, I have been on the chat for OVER 2 HOURS. Literally. All this time waiting, following up what the status was, if they weredoing anything. Very little replies. After an hour the first real reply came in which totally missed the boat, wasn't even related to my question.

I pointed this out on the chat and I was transfered to another agent which took a little time for like 2 minutes and then stopped replying too. Also messages are only read half, I need to point out things multiple times which I already mentioned.

When I pointed out this on the chat I received: "actually i am dealing with multiple customers which is wy it got delayed in the response"

We pay a serious extra for the 'managed service and support'. I mean, the prices of DigitalOcean servers are more than doubled. Which is totally find, but please keep your support and service in check..!

More staff maybe?

Oh, and my issue isn't resolved yet. Has been transfered to a ticket, so after 2 hours chatting with really not that much helpful feedback, I now have to wait for a reply on the ticket.

35 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dirk shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Sooo, I signed up, and after not receiving any email, I followed the splash page instructions to engage online chat. Should there be 5-8 minutes between reponses? Short staffed or ? Here was the convo (I was trying to lightnen the wait up, perhaps get a smile, since I was sure no CSR would take that long...). Hello. How may I help you?

Hi there

adrian
        Um, is this the, um wordpress web host for domains?
        *Umair gazes at the screen, puzzled by the question....*
        Um, yes sir, is this the cloud/web/internet/other that hosts domains?
        Are you trapped in this little box? Do you need help? just send a "y" for yes and a "n" for no...
        I could call someone, perhaps we can get you some help? Do they feed you in there? Your AWFUL grey in your lil camera view there...
        Umair
        Could you please confirm your registered email ID and the URL of the site you want to host here with us

adrian
        regionauts@gmail.com. https://eastbaymarines.com. Hey lil fella, it aint too late, maybe you can squeeze through a crack in the screen if I break the screen a lil....
        perhaps its this? Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'open_chat_window' of undefined
        at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick (success:1) Hello? Has something terrible happened to you? Dont tell me you are having to typoe with your nose?
        Read
        Umair
        Could you please share screenshot for this?

adrian
        10:07 am
        who are you and how are you getting paid for this? I mean, seriously. I saved this conversation to mail to ops. Perhaps they can tell me what is going on here. It certainly isnts customer service...
        Delivered

• Marcel commented  · 

Wish I could give this thread 100 points. Because just like Daniel says, the support quality is declining fast. i just filed a complaint about this.

They hire cheap ass support agents (I assume). The support agents are overbusy and stall customers with cheap excuses like 'we are looking into it' or 'please allow me some time while I read your question'. Like really..? Read my question takes you 5 minutes?

It's really, really bad. They take hours to solve the simples of things and often they create a ticket because they can't solve the most simple issues. I ask to clean a bunch of log files and it literally takes 1,5 hours.

This needs to be fixed because it will definitely cost Cloudways customers. I was a huge fan of Cloudways, refered quite some people to them as well. Right now I am not so sure anymore.

• Hans commented  · 

Poor support. They should hire more well trained support staff. Hope Cloudways will take action on this.

• Marcel commented  · 

Couldn't agree more. When I first came to Cloudways the support was great. Now it's total crap. They respons once an hour if you are lucky and you constantly need to remind them that you are in a chat. Don't they understand our time is valuable too?

Was way better in the early days of Cloudways. Also better quality, the support staff now is outsourced and not trained and don't know shit, or take ages too solve the simplest of things..

This can cost Cloudways lots of customers altough their platform has such great potential..!

• Dirk commented  · 

Ps. I don't intend to come over complaining or bitchy. In general I am really happy with Cloudways and the overall service. In general I am really patient as well. I don't mind waiting 5 or 10 minutes for an answer. However, if it takes 2 hours for 3 answers it's getting a bit out of hand, especially since the answers were not really helpful and my questions get handled really hasty without real attention to my actual issue. Hope I don't come over the wrong way because I am still a Cloudways fan :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

The support on Cloudways stinks. If the chat drops forget it you will need to have all your points written down as you will need to start your chat over and probably with someone else that you will need to explain everything over again to. Then if you lucky that person will maybe understand your problem. If they not already talking to 10 other people and tell you to wait please. From day one the support has sucked big time and that for me is the heart of this industry. There are so many deals out there that its no longer about the best price its about best service and who will understand your problem with out a text book answer. I feel cloudways does not care about the customer as they say. If they did I would not have to speak to 5 support people till the job gets done.

• Hunter F commented  · 

Great support is CRITICAL for web hosting.

I want to move to cloudways because of the excellent speed scores. But it seems your support is really lacking in quality. I ( and many others i'm sure ) would be willing to pay a small additional fee for high end support from super geeks with English as their first language.

I'm considering moving a lot of sites here but am use to GoDaddy's level of support and I'm afraid to make the switch based on this alone.

Make the investment in your support team and it will carry your business for the long haul!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yeah. Support is a total shit dump. Worst support ever. Agree with everyone else on here.

• Orett commented  · 

I Second!!! this is so true. Usually they point you to a help article and if they don't have an article they can't solve the problem. i have an issue for 2.5 months where i cant add new servers or application, only clone my current application. i have a new ticket open for days now and still no fix. it begs the question... why are we using this service?

• Daniel commented  · 

I'm afraid I have to say that after beeing a CW customer for quite some time, running ~10 servers and hosting around ~80 sites, the support might be a dealbreaker if it continues to show this decline.

When we first started using CW the support was ok (not much more than ok, but still ok). I've seen a rapid decline in quality of support over the last 6 months.

Not one question I've placed to support the last few weeks has been answered properly, its always some generic answer and no root-cause explanation or problem solving involved. A re-active approach instead of a pro-active approach to problem solving.

As a previous commenter stated, chat support seems almost script driven as it stands right now. Its impossible to get clear answers to a serious matter such as a server, for no apparent reason, stopping to respond. This was one of the things I've recently contacted support about. After over an hour on chat (90% of the time on hold) I still didn't have an answer. I don't know why the server went down, I don't know why it came back online, and it was impossible to get a solid response from the support agent about this because of lacking communication skills. As a technician myself, I wouldn't be able to sleep well not knowing why this happened, since then it can of course happen again. This approach to support remedies ISSUES, but doesn't SOLVE PROBLEMS.

I've also requested something like 4-5 tickets to be opened by support staff when I simply don't have the time to wait 45mins for a generic response, and they neglect to open these tickets each time...

Its currently an ongoing negative trend with support, and if the decline continues, it will make the platform unusable in the long run.

• moreCake commented  · 

Horrendous support quality over chat. They do not know how to read or know anything about their own system

• Amjad Abdelaziz commented  · 

It took me 10 hours talking with different support agents, and I get nothing answered.

• Paul commented  · 

I am starting to have similar feelings.

Support seems to be driven by scripts and flow charts without anybody in first line support actually knowing what they saying or reading the support question properley

• Mike commented  · 

I cannot work with your company anymore because of how awful your support is. Chat support is nearly useless because of how poorly trained and informed the staff is. Email support is so slow as to be pointless. A simple response to an email takes 6+ hours

I love your interface, platform and idea - but your support SUCKS!

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

Hi Jason,

Pere here, CTO/founder at CW. Sorry for your trouble. Certainly we have lots to do to improve our customer experience and we are working on it. No excuse, but we are not heavily funded as WPEngine, and this poses some challenges to quickly get in place a top tier, engineering staffed, support team. We need to groom people through a well defined on-boarding process and this takes more time than directly hiring fully knowledgeable staff, but we expect that in the mid-term will provide major benefits as we will not be so much dependent on specific people but on the right processes building the right people. The speed at which we have grown the last year, hasn't helped.

Anyway, I am perfectly aware of our limitations in some areas but, on a technical level, WP is not leaking memory (at least not a problem for the vast majority of our users), so the problem had to be some other. I would like to be able to get to the bottom of all problems for all customers but unluckily we can't.

We will be introducing in a couple of month a new tips section that will analyze a customer server and advice on "non-optimal" configurations (i.e. old php, old app version, not proper cache integration ...). We hope this can guide customers on fixing most obvious application issues.

When it comes to affiliate program, have told the person dealing with it to get in touch with you.

Again, thanks for your feedback and good luck.

Pere

• Jason commented  · 

Every time I ever asked for support via chat, I was told to talk to the engineer who built the site, and / or was referred to the knowledgebase.

Newsflash, I AM the engineer, I DID check my logs and I DID read the KB articles.

My sites are now all on WP-Engine, where chat support works WITH me to diagnose the issue, on the spot, in real time.

Also - I think WordPress must easily create memory leaks... I have had to pull 2 clients off of CloudWays because no matter how much memory the droplet had, the memory was used up and then the server would 512 gateway error until the server was restarted.

Somehow, WP Engine have found a way around this on the server-side config.

The sites I've had to move were not using crazy plugins... one, in fact only had Thrive Themes, Thrive Leads, Gravity Forms and W3 Total Cache.

And yet on a weekly basis that server would run out of memory.

Had chat support been more able to troubleshoot and diagnose, you'd still have that client.

Also you never paid me for any of the referrals I made, and I put more than a handful of clients onto CloudWays... only to have to move every one of them off if their sites start to 512.

The whole reason I switched from running my own DO droplets was that I wanted a support staff to help troubleshoot these things....

Long story short, I'll never put another new client on CW... they're all going to WP Engine where support is actually helpful / cares to help diagnose the issue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base