I suggest you ...

Wildcard SSL for multisite but also works for mapped domains

Right now we have two options for having SSL working for WordPress networks. We can have a wildcard SSL certificate OR we manually map domains to each subsite. It would be nice of we could have both.

Thank you

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Phill Coxon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For WordPress multisite installations we need to have a wildcard SSL cert for the main domain and subdomains AND the ability to add additional let's encrypt (or paid) SSL certificates for each custom domain that is mapped to a subdomain. The additional let's encrypt SSL certificates need to be able to be added / removed via the API.

This is critical for multisites that use both subdomains and custom mapped domains.

I was looking to move 4 servers to CloudWays but I'm now blocked by this and will have to go elsewhere instead. That's a shame as apart from this one point the CloudWays experience has been amazing. :(

• Gareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As stated, we need the ability with a sub-domain multisite to have a wildcard SSL and also add SSLs to the mapped domains.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just "nice" this is absolutely essential if you're running a Multisite with a mixture of sub-domains and mapped domains.

Feedback and Knowledge Base