WP CLI Upgrade to latest version
The version of WP CLI is very far behind on WordPress deployments. The version that is being deployed is 0.24.1 while the latest is 2.3.0.
Currently, we are unable to upgrade it because root access is not provided and the /usr/local/bin/wp file cannot be edited.
If this cannot be done, a better solution would be to grant access to allow editing of .bashrc file so we can map our own custom wp-cli file instead of using the default one.
As a follow up, this is how we can upgrade in the meantime:
1. Login via SSH.
2. Create a .bash_alias file in the home directory: `touch .bash_aliases`
3. Insert an alias for "wp": `alias wp="/home/master/wp-cli.phar "'
4. Make the file executable: 'chmod +x wp-cli.phar'
5. Reload bash: `source ~/.bashrc`
6. Navigate to applications/[yourappid]/public_html
7. Test by running a version check: `wp --version' (should result in 2.3 or something higher)
Hope this helps.