I suggest you ...

I want to be able to upload/delete/modify my application files from the Click&Go console ( file manager )

142 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Salvatore commented  · 

I totally agree. Being able to view files directly from the Web is very useful. It facilitates much all the work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Also, need Folder Access Control for users working in different areas of application. For example, people working on loading products needs access only to media/import folder in Magento

• Webnut Scribbler commented  · 

I have started to mess around with FTP client : WinSCP (some like it better than Filezilla) After much research I have settled on WinSCP Really looks alot like the cpanel we are used to. Cloudways have some nice tutorials on setting up the login for an FTP Client.
        There are also 2 great file manager plugins that looks like the Cpanel file manager, but in your Dashboard.
        I now understand that Cpanel wastes lots of resources and slows down our sites. Most traditional hosts sell the glitter and cover up all the lack of speed. Glitter sells, but I hear Google loves speed.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I just signed up for a trial and the lack of file manager is big downer. Simple tasks like Zip a file or folder and download it becomes a nightmare. You have to resort to using Putty and command prompt? :(

• Anonymous commented  · 

If the platform, can't manage to do it, people like me opt out because its "anti-competitive" to cpanel. It can't maintain competitiveness with other viable platforms and just makes the platform look dark-age (pre cpanel and its like).

• Luis Zarza commented  · 

I totally support this!

You don't need to become cPanel, just install An interface to show the contents of the server/app in a GUI way.

• Michael commented  · 

cPanel is a bloat, but it would be good to see a lightweight file editor feature. It's been implemented in other services like RunCloud, so I guess it's not impossible. It is really handy when you can edit files on the go, just in your browser. It could be awesome if it was possible to enable/disable it on main dashboard, too.

• Kobi Bentata commented  · 

An interface to show the contents of the server/app in a GUI way (much like the File Manager feature in cPanel, for example). Right now, you can get this information either by logging into the server, similar to the previous point here (SSH), or connecting to it via FTP. Either way, again, this can be time-consuming and critical accordingly.

• Akhilesh commented  · 

A file manager like Cpanel is all that i felt missing on your services and I tried the SFTP but its so clumsy compared to the file manager . The web is expanding and a lot of non techies are coming on board . All os us need our life to be as less technical as possible . Not just for us , but for your own rise in business , please consider adding a file manager .

• Eric commented  · 

Please add a file manager with ability to compress and extract zip files.

• Anonymous commented  · 

please don't become cpanel with this kind of bloat.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I used this feature with another hosting provider and I feel great when my friend said - you will not change this now? Look. I logged in and changed my file through the web file manager. This is a very good proposition for us.

• John Detlefs commented  · 

Does this thread actually get checked?

• Kang commented  · 

I like to use the web-based file manager like the FileManager feature in cPanel. Easy to control and use the files. I am not technical savvy. I dont know SSH and Linux command. Also dont like to use FTP reason being its slow.

Using web-based file manager is the best. Because upload a zip file of WordPress which consist of thousands of files. It can save a lot of time when doing so. Refer to cPanel, then you will get what I mean.

• Fabio Fava commented  · 

Some kind of file manager so the user can ccustomize wp-config.php and .htaccess from the Platform

• DDT commented  · 

maybe not exactly losing business, as its geared towards pros who feel comfortable in using cyberduck/filezilla but definitely it will make life ieasier and handier even for pros. most be focused on bigger issues since they still havent focudsed on providing us file manager, but im sure they are working on other issues

• Mike S. Rosekrans commented  · 

Almost three years out and still not file manager. Cloudways must be losing business because of this.

• Fauzi Rakhmat commented  · 

Use cyberdeck instead of FileZilla, but a file manager integrated inside the platform? Very nice!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base