or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trav shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) responded  · 

Can any of the supporters please give some scope on what you would like to see implemented when it comes to supporting support?

• Do you want to be able to launch containers, let Cloudways deploy your preferred app on top of a container (i.e. wordpress) and manage it like you do with other apps in normal virtual machines on Digital Ocean or Vultr?
    • Or you want to be able to deploy your own docker images with your application on top of infrastructure (be it a VMs, a physical host …) that we make available to you?
    • Or something else?

It will help set our mind related to this. We are discussing options internally, one being adding a container (over physical hardware) infrastructure provider over which you could deploy/manage your applications like done now.

Cloudways Team

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin Mayfield commented  · 

We would like to have a docker image that has the same setup as the Cloud Ways servers. At the end of the day, we just want everything necessary to deploy with Docker like we would on a vanilla server, but still have the configuration/technologies that are one of your servers and have you guys manage the server still.

• Jan Koch commented  · 

I'd like to use my down images, swarms and compose - and I'd like to manage it through SSH

• Evan McDaniel commented  · 

Either would be better than nothing, but I think being able to deploy on our own images would be great.

Definitely will need support for docker-compose to make it useful for my team.

• Al commented  · 

I'd like to be able to have docker self install (as the rest of the apps do) and then deploy an image such as Open Project. You seem to have a lot of apps, but non for project management when many of us are running projects. I'd also suggest installing Kitematic at the same time that Docker is installed...

• Danny França commented  · 

My own docker images on top of infrastructure

• Wojtek commented  · 

It would be nice to have full access to docker instance (run new containers, pull and remove images etc.). Support for the Docker Compose also will be great!

• rmultiple commented  · 

I want to be able to deploy docker images with my Cloudways services.

• pee commented  · 

add and manage our own (or 3d party) docker images and let them run on our servers

• Anonymous commented  · 

we want to support for docker this is important situation

• Alex Hathaway commented  · 

want to be able to deploy your own docker images with my application on top of infrastructure to sync up dev and production environments

• Nazeer commented  · 

Docker is the future of App Development and Deployment, it will be seamless to build apps and port them to the Cloud Infrastructure, I think Cloudways should provide Docker support.

• Anonymous commented  · 

- deploy own docker
        - wrap what you git deploy into a docker

• Brandon commented  · 

I want to deploy my own docker images on top of the infrastructure.

• Sergei Garcia commented  · 

I would like to be able to deploy my own docker images on top of the docker infrastructure you provide. I wish cloudways had more way to deploy custom, non supported apps. Docker would be an amazing first step at this.

• Rateb Ben Moussa commented  · 

Why such big feature not getting Up Votes ?!

- Please think about providing your web apps (Magento, WordPress...) as a Docker Image to test them locally (using same service/configuration ...)

- Provide hosting custom Docker container like Amazon ECS or based on it (https://aws.amazon.com/ecs/details/)

- Finally, scaling a Docker image will be easier to manage for your customer so we can create DB Instance + WebServer Instance and scale them independently.

Kindly check this resource: http://stackoverflow.com/a/18287169/165748

• Anonymous commented  · 

is there any update on this?

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

Can any of the supporters please give some scope on what you would like to see implemented when it comes to supporting support?

* Do you want to be able to launch containers, let Cloudways deploy your preferred app on top of a container (i.e. wordpress) and manage it like you do with other apps in normal virtual machines on Digital Ocean or Vultr?

* Or you want to be able to deploy your own docker images with your application on top of infrastructure (be it a VMs, a physical host ...) that we make available to you?

* Or something else?

It will help set our mind related to this. We are discussing options internally, one being adding a container (over physical hardware) infrastructure provider over which you could deploy/manage your applications like done now.

Cloudways Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base