I suggest you ...

Regarding Rackspace Email

Just a suggestion for your marketing strategy and pricing team.
Rackspace provides a solid service including fast phone support and other benefits. While Cloudways (as a reseller) is not providing the same level of service as does Rackspace for their normal level of service and features yet charges and equal sum $2/email address.
This in actuality - as far as I can see at the moment - is a negative benefit for a Cloudways client.
Maybe the benefit of Cloudways Rackspace would be that it is a cost savings - Maybe providing something different - not less than - for example; maybe you could provide numerous email addresses for $2/mo and the current very light service via chat. That could be a value for someone like me who would not need much email support.
I learned of this because cloudways support sent me a link to view rackspace support to understand my possible issues. So at that point I noticed Rackspace's help and chat and phone.
So I called on the phone and got an instant answer of a real person. BUT he was not allowed to serve me since I got my Rackspace email from a secondary provider (Cloudways). Naturally, I was disappointed since I then realized I was receiving something less for the same price.
I think Cloudways is great and looking forward to more great economical and state of the art services.
I do not imagine that Cloudways would wish to appear a bit silly in their value offerings. So because I really like you all quite a bit , I have taken the time to explain that this type of marketing does not make good business sense.
It is quite important to make and demonstrate a clear value message.
The message could be more email for your money and enough support for the not so technically challenged.
Sincerely
Bob

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bob Alba shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) responded  · 

We are going to move the Rackspace Email add-on to $1/mailbox from December (so at cost).

We don’t want email to be a hurdle for people who want to come on-board.

Cloudways Team

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Don commented  · 

And if you add a self manage control panel instead of having to create tickets to add/remove mailboxes that would make it usable too. This is the reason I've been searching for an email solution for the last 2 weeks. Just found what might be the solution OpenSRS hosted email.

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

We are going to move the Rackspace Email add-on to $1/mailbox from December (so at cost).

We don't want email to be a hurdle for people who want to come on-board.

Cloudways Team

• Anonymous commented  · 

As a former Rackspace Reseller, I like the fact that Cloudways allows us to purchase a mailbox at a time.

Bob - what you don't realize is, there is a minimum monthly for Rackspace Email reseller, at least $150/mo. So that is why they can provide phone support.

So in this case, Cloudways is offering a highly mature, redundant and secure email service at an affordable rate.

Plus, their chat/email support responds quickly enough. That as a former Rackspace customer, there is no difference.

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your feedback.

In fact, with Rackspace Email, you would need to setup/configure the account yourself, something that we do on behalf of the customer. Support wise, main difference is phone support, which will direct you to Rackspace ticketing system for any serious issue, so not much of a difference.

I would say, value added by Cloudways is convenience, having all services under one umbrella and through a single point of support.

In any case, thanks for your feedback and will be considered during sprint planning and as other people give their view.

Cloudways Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base