I suggest you ...

Backup single applications

Actually, we can take SERVER backups but we can RESTORE single applications. This is good but it would be great if we could also take a backup of a single application.

Consider this : we'll deploy an upgrade but before we want to made a backup that we can restore just after deployment if anything goes wrong.

- Actually, we need to take a full server backup, which takes several minutes ;
- I f we could made a backup of this single app, it would take 90% less time.

This could be placed at the same level than RESTORE tab under Applications.

176 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Clouwd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josimar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really is very important. The number of votes makes it clear that many users are in need of this.

• Kobi Bentata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although a restoration action can be done today at the app-level, right now, automatic and manual backups are done only at the server-level. Obviously, it is great and expected to have a feature of automatic backup like that, and as itself a full server backup is a very good thing, but the option of running scheduled backups also at the app-level would be even greater. Exactly as you point out here in your article, when it is best practice to separate between apps, this is also true and valid for individual application backups.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a server grows this becomes almost crucial in my opinion. We have a large server and it takes a good 10-15 minutes to do a backup even though we just want ONE application at times. It makes a proper hassle of a normal "do backup, update, possible restore" process, which becomes a major time consuming factor.

Feedback and Knowledge Base