I suggest you ...

Trial Account expires after deleting a server

I was setting up a trial account to evaluate Cloudways. I created a server on DigitalOcean, but noticed only after creation that the default location was set to London.

Being in the US, I wanted to recreate it in the SF or NY zone. So I clicked to delete the server.

Immediately after deleting, I was presented with a message stating that my 14-day trial account was now expired... just minutes in.

I'm fine with a one server limit, but I would expect that to be limited to one simultaneous instance.

In lieu of that, it would have been nice to have been warned that the action of deleting the server was going to terminate my trial.

Another option would be rephrase "14-Day Trial" to something more accurate. Like "Limited Trial" or "Take a Test Drive". Then be really clear that the trial account is limited to a single instance of a single server, up to 14 days.

It would have also been a great thing if I could have linked my existing DigitalOcean account to Cloudways. I didn't have that option, but I did read an article explaining why Cloudways doesn't allow this.

Ultimately, I was unable to evaluate the service. Since I would not be able to use my existing infrastructure even if I did have a chance to try Cloudways, probably for the best and I'll move on.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Greg shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) responded  · 

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the detailed feedback,

We have noted your suggestion and trying to sort out this matter. Will keep you posted with its progress over here.

Alternatively, one of our team member will also get in touch with you shortly.

Regards,
    Cloudways Team

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)