Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Run gulp on CW servers

So i talked to 2 support employees today, both with the same outcome: "Today it is not possible to run gulp on cloudways."

1. You can't install gulp globally, since cloudways won't allow global npm install.
    2. You can't run gulp locally, because this will give you some permission denied.

The weirdest thing of all... Gulp is necessary to use Elixir on Laravel 5.x. The have pre-installed laravel applications, but you can't use the elixir function. Wtf?!

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Yordi:

I am sorry you had to go through that much trouble.

Could you please help me understand how you were trying to use Gulp here that didn’t work?

It is true that at this point in time we don’t support global installation of Gulp. But you should be able to use Gulp easily.

If you have the Gulp dependency defined in the package.json file, then you may run `npm install` to install it. Once installed, if you have a gulpfile.js with Elixir assets defined, you can run gulp by referencing it via `./node_modules/gulp/bin/gulp.js`. It is a somewhat inconvenient, yes, but it should do the job right.

Could you please tell me if you faced issues this way?

Cloudways Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base