Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an On/Off Switch for the apps (start/stop apps)

A switch that easily allow switching an app on or off.

57 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • allow search by autogenerated app folder name

would be great if i could enter the actual app folder name that is auto generated by your system, into the panel interface search, and have the correct application show. currently it is a giant pain to figure out which app is running high on resources on top without doing a bunch of looking around.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Your "Remove" Button on your Git Deployment screen breaks in Firefox 51.0.1 Due to a javascript error

It works in Chrome, but I was unable to remove an old repo from the Deployment screen while in Firefox.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you very much, Bryan, for highlighting this issue.

We have now fixed it. You should be able to remove git deployments from Firefox as well now.

Cloudways Team

• Add Google single sign on login to ClicknGo (and new control panel)

You currently offer Linkedin and Github sso, but please allow Google sso. This would be a great feature for Google Apps for business users and even others with a gmail account.

62 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make the "Restart" Buttons Work in the New Platform

When Apache or MySQL go down, the "restart" buttons can't be clicked and are always grayed out. I always need to chat with your support to get things restarted. It would be fantastic if these buttons worked.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow account owners/master user to create application credentials directly

I should be able to have full control over my team members. if i want to set their login password i should be able to do it, but as it stands right now I have to bother my user and ask them to perform a password creation step that they shouldn't have to.

I should be able to go to them and say "here is your access" as I don't want them to have access to the Cloudways console, I just want them to have an SFTP login, thats it. Requiring them to login and create their own credentials is…

27 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all your votes. We have now made it possible for account owners/master users to create as many application credentials as they like directly, without the need of creating team members first.

Please note that SSH access for applications will need to be enabled from within “Application Settings > General” in order for SSH to work for any application credentials created this way.

Cloudways Team

• Better wording for Delete Primary Domain under Domain Management

This is a suggestion for better wording when you click on the Delete button of a primary domain that has been set.

The pop up window text says: "Are you sure you want to delete Application Primary Domain?"

This can be confused to think you might delete the applications itself. Wording such as: "Are you should you would like to delete this primary domain assigned to the application?" would be more specific.

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 6 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • keep the application credential in master

I think you should keep the applications sftp access credential in the master account. I know that it seem duplicated but in fact, it's not. since the application credential locks to one applications. also, if I need a application credentail I would need to create a team member account and do all the crazy thing to set up the new member account in order to make the application credentials. this is very tedious and troublesome sometime because all we need is to get the credential info and send it to someone. Normally, we need the application credentail is because we…

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Server Scaling option should have a pop-up asking for confirmation

When scaling the server there is no confirmation (like "Are you sure you want to do so?") which can cause issues if someone accidentally clicks the scale button without intending to actually scale up the server.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Have a client login feature for a single application

At the moment additional users have access to the whole server and all apps. It would be nice to allow clients to have access to only their application so they can manage the db, cron jobs etc.

We are moving sites from cPanel and some of the more techie clients expect this.

15 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Improve Cron job feature

use the actual cron job in a php project is not secure.

We need to add the php file in the public_html folder (not secure)
                          We can't set an argument to prevent hacker to launch many time the file (not secure)
                          We can't use something in the URL like xxxx.php?pwd=yyyy (not secure, same problem than previously)

Will you make something in these case ?

thks

7 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Slow initial console login when having lots of servers

I have around 30-35 servers on my dashboard. When we login, it takes around 1 minute to show the list. So everytime I log into CloudWays, it takes around 1 minute to show my server list...It's comming slower and slower as I add new servers.....

7 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Option to download a full application backup from console (web files + database)

I want downloadable backups to transfer them to some other server or our inhouse server.

It is very important to have different locational or different provider to have my backup
                              as somefine day if something happens to your infra (i really don't wish) but data is crucial and i want to be dead sure
                              i have 5 customers to refer to but with out option of thirdparty backup they will not get to you

100 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has now been completed. In Server tab, under Backup section you can now enable “Local Backups”.

This will take, additionally to the off-site backup, a local application backup (both files and database) in the local_backup sub-folder of each application. Just one backup set (latest) will be stored there.

You can automate downloading backups to wherever you want via SSH/SFTP.

We are going to create KB’s and a blog post related to this new feature. Will post links here when done.

Cloudways Team

• fade / move notification popup

It is a pain in the ass to have to click the mini "x" after a trivial task is performed. perhaps, make the notification disappear after a few seconds or just move the notification to the left or right and not from the top near the DROPDOWN

5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • have a disk-size check before cloning app

have a disk-size check before cloning app to make sure server has enough space

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add the functionality to search for a specific app on the server page or list them all in one place.

For users that have many many servers and many apps on each of those servers it is hard to find specific applications quickly. As my server/apps list continues to get larger and larger it will only grow to be a bigger problem.

Maybe a "quicklinks" area at the top of the page that has a dropdown of all your applications listed alphabetically, when chosen you will be taken to the details page of that specific app as it does currently.

Aggregating all the servers applications into one additional place for selection, I think, would be the best and most simple…

5 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Multiple SSH keys per server

In http://feedback.cloudways.com/forums/203824-service-improvement/suggestions/5944352-ssh-keys-to-access-my-servers-instead-of-password SSH key access was enabled to server but just with one key.

Please allow multiple keys to be uploaded.

11 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Permit restores when free disk space is available !

Today i've facing a BIG problem :

- I have a DO 2GB Server with 40GB disk
                                        - My apps (total) take about 20GB of disk (50%)
                                        - One of my apps take about 5MB
                                        - I can't restore that app (or any other app) as i have "no free available disk space" ??

After contacting the support they told me that "Yes, if all your applications size is 20 GB, then you need more then 20GB of free disk space as system count total size of all the hosted applications, not the single app."

So, with about 20GB of…

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Lowercase

Hello!

When i hover over the "i" symbol right to "x apps" i get "Domain.Com" at "https://clickngo.cloudways.com/server/list/". I think that it would be better if it was all lowercase. "domain.com".

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base