Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable New Relic infrastructure instead of NR server

Hi,

Since NewRelic Server is going to be removed and is already being replaced by New Relic Infrastructure it would be great if the New relic service would be changed so it will enable infrastructure.

Related features would be:

- The possibility to change the display name in newrelic-infra.yml. Currently the Cloudways numerical name is shown in New Relic and I have no clue which server is which :-)
    - The possibility to change the display name in the PHP language agent. As if you don't change both the connection between APM and Infrastructure will break.
    - The possibility to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Officially support running nodejs as an app user.

I've chatted with support and they told me you must run NPM and nodejs as a master user. This requirement makes per-app security impossible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Gmail SMTP Article

I have to enable "Less Secure Apps" for all of my clients for SMTP to work. Your tutorial should mention that some people may need to do this, because it took me an 2 hours to figure this out and luckily I've had experience with it before.

Your Tutorial
    https://support.cloudways.com/configure-gmail-smtp/?utm_source=Platformkb&utm_medium=kbsearch
    Article on how to enable Less Secure Apps
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support npm install --global

Right now, it throws a permission error. This is helpful for tools like gulp.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. support naming application folders and databases arbitrarily

The current scheme is absolutely impossible to remember. Even when renaming folders, the randomly selected name remains as the new name is a link.

That means this would have to be asked for before anything has been set up.

Usually I want to name the folder and database to the (sub)domain or the actual application name. What's easier to remember than that?

Support at least letters, digits, "-", "_", ".", unless restricted by the database engine in question.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you add WebDav as standard for stacks and to also add the master user to the WebDav group (usermod -aG davfs2 <username>)

Can you add WebDav as standard (it's a common used service) for stacks and to also add the master user to the WebDav group (usermod -aG davfs2 <username>) this will allow the master user to setup mounts ect...

Reason for suggestion is a well known service called BrickFTP, so this link gives you an idea at the bottom:

https://brickftp.com/docs/tutorials/webdav/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add PHP Mecache as PHP extension

A lot's of caching solutions use Memcache as PHP Extension.

Like Simple Cache or WP-SPIDER CACHE will be a great addition and that would cost much since the extension is free.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve cloning process

On cloning an application, optionally allow me to specify the target url and a checkbox to specify that I want an SSL certificate installed.

This would greatly help improve the process to get that cloned server up and running much quicker.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Install libsodium (a.k.a. sodium) on all servers by default

libsodium (a.k.a. sodium) is a PHP PECL library for secure encryption in PHP. As of PHP 7.2, libsodium will be included as a core library in PHP.

It would be helpful for those of us building secure PHP applications to have access to this library now instead of waiting for PHP 7.2. This will enable us to use encryption methods that will be good for many years to come instead of being deprecated as mcrypt is now.

Note that there is a polyfill that can be used until PHP 7.2 if libsodium isn't installed, but it is not nearly as…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. install msttcorefonts automatically

We tend to use wkhtmltopdf static binary to generate pdf's on our servers. It would be great for msttcorefonts to be installed on the server automatically so that our pdf's will be able to use standard web fonts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PCRE version too low for PHP 7.0

Hi there,

as you can read here: https://secure.php.net/manual/en/pcre.installation.php
    with PHP 7.0.3 the minimum required version of PCRE is 8.38.

Your servers still use PCRE version 8.35. Dunno if I am the first who experiences this problem, but this leads to PHP sigfault crashes in my applications (TYPO3, Shopware) and they do not respond any more.

Any chance you're updating to PCRE 8.38 in the near future?

Thanky a lot,
    Wolfgang

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. XHTML 5.1 released

is XHTML is released or not because I hear from
    [URL=http://www.google.com]Google[/URL]

<a href="http://www.facebook.com">html</a>

[http://www.Example.com/ Text Here]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pimcore Requirements

Additional Server Software

Ghostscript (>= 9.16)
    LibreOffice (>= 4.3)
    wkhtmltoimage / wkhtmltopdf (>= 0.12)
    xvfb
    html2text (mbayer)
    pdftotext (poppler utils)
    inkscape
    zopflipng
    pngcrush
    jpegoptim
    pngout
    advpng
    cjpeg (MozJPEG)
    exiftool

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow SSH2 on your servers

I want to use a simple application that requires SSH2, and this is not compatible with your server configuration for some reason.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. database server and code base server should be different

database server and code base server should be different. specially in AWS where we can create both application server and database server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. please add advanced/custom PHP configuration for the server, so I just type the config

Please add advanced/custom PHP configuration for the server, so I just type the config, so it will effect to all apps. At the moment I only able to see the custom/advanced setting for app. Not the server.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Providing a Test Server

As with all hosting suppliers, Test servers are never charged for.

For every live server, you should allow the facility for a sandbox test server.

This will make it for anyone who has a live server to be able to test and roll out.

It should be free and will make your package for hosting a very STRONG offer.

Charging customers for a test server is not a good policy. You really need to review this and make it more attractive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default UTF Encoding

Everything is pre-configured and installed as ASCII.

if I go in and change the default encoding, it is confusing. What if I want to upgrade to PHP& and MariaDB 10? In what order should the default encodings be changed? After upgrading to PHP 7?

The Server, MySQL and PHP all have separate encoding settings. It seems like changing these at the right time during initial configuration is vital.

So if you were installing Magento 2.1 on a GCloud server, how would you go about it?

After the server is created, should I go in and change the default encodings to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base