Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wait time for support should be added

I prefer to wait for customer support rep that will answer my questions quickly than to not wait and have a support rep answer my questions slowly over many hours. Sure it looks good that customer support can be there right away as a selling point, but you'll have unsatisfied customers who have to wait for answers when they are chatting with support. I'd rather see an actual wait time and get a support rep who can answer me quickly as to not waste my time! So I'm suggesting that wait time be added for chat with support.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cloudways please document your security practices

I would like to suggest that Cloudways publishes an article or other document that describes how Cloudways maintains, patches, updates servers and secures them.

The intent is not to disclose details that puts security at risk but instead demonstrates the value Cloudways is providing in the area of helping its customers maintain a secure server and application environment.

Information should include frequency of update / patch deployment, frequency of security scans for malware / unauthorized access, firewall ports and services that are open especially those for inbound traffic from the Internet, intrusion protection mechanisms, transparency reports for government information requests…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is indeed a good suggestion. We at Cloudways believe in being transparent to our users in all operational areas. We have added this idea to our Product Improvement Ideas list, and information about security would be available on the Cloudways Platform in the coming days.

Cloudways Team

3. Please Add Litespeed Wordpress Version .

Please Add Litespeed Wordpress Version,

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. enforce https

Please add a feature to the Cloudways dashboard to easily force HTTPS. It's not hard to add a rewrite rule to .htaccess but many platforms such as Kinsta and SiteGround have easy switch for this.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Limit application to disk space

The disk space reporting is very helpful. It would be even more helpful to limit application to a specified disk space.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Redirect module in cloudways

Would be great with a redirect module manager in cloudways just as kinsta to saftely handle redirects directly into the nginx and server. Instead fo messing with htaccess which can be reset by plugins etc. Safe way of adding redirects to the server:

https://kinsta.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/add-redirect-rule.png

And make it possible to tag and categorize them and specify if only live domain, both or only staging. The module should work on application level and not server level. Since users might use more than one application on the same server (not recommended) but some do.

Please cloudways this would be a great feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve Staging Deployment for Wordpress Sites with better Find/Replace

I have found a problem with the Staging deployment for my wordpress sites.
    Some plugins and themes store serialised arrays in the wordpress options. This is a valid technique that results in less DB calls.
    However, if you simply do a find and replace on URLs in the database, the serialisation of the array will break. This means that the Staging site will lose the settings in the plug-ins and themes.
    If you don't realise this, and push the changes back to Live, the Live website will break.

A related problem is with premium plugins and themes that are licensed…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve your customer support quality (chat/tickets)

I don't know if it's just me, but the support quality and speed has been degraded fast lately..

When I just became customer @Cloudways (like a year ago) support was fast and helpful. They took time and really looked into my issues.

Now it's a whole different story. Today for example, I have been on the chat for OVER 2 HOURS. Literally. All this time waiting, following up what the status was, if they weredoing anything. Very little replies. After an hour the first real reply came in which totally missed the boat, wasn't even related to my question.

I…

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Push and Pull Individual Tables and Folders between staging and live environment

Hello team, pushing and pulling individual tables and folders between staging and the live environment is better compared to transferring the entire database or files. Because in Woocommerce, pushing the database might lead to loss of orders made in between.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cloudflare integration

Integrate Cloudflare as a DNS server, when setting up a domain in the application, automatically include it through the api in the Cloudflare zone.
    If possible a small panel with zone settings, if not possible, only the shortcut of adding the domain with @ and cname already greatly improves the processes.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow us to see our error logs (php, apache, mysql)

We want to see the logs of our apps

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include the MAGENTO 2.3 in APPs

Hi! my suggestion is include the MAGENTO 2.3 in the apps for instalations in our server

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Restricted access to FTP users

Hi,

You CloudWays have a feature to create new access for Appilcation. But there should be an option to give limited access. For example I have 5 folders in /applications/uhspstmcyh/public_html application. I have a created a new application credential, I want that user should have access to only one folder which is /applications/uhspstmcyh/public_html/area

This feature is not available at the moment.

Thanks,
    Sumit

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Backup Process Improvement

Hello Team,

As of now there's only one full backup / restore option (Server Management > Backups > Take Backup Now)

Can you please provide some option where the user can take backup as per their requirement, Sometime developer just want to take a backup of the database or hosting files not both all the time.

If you're providing some option where the user can take backup/restore accordingly as of now if we're taking full backup and restoring the full backup it's super time consuming for the bigger websites while they just want to take database backup.

Suggested Backup Process

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Confusing / wrong password info after migration

there is a wrong/confusing information in the panel

1. Create an app, WordPress
    2. Migrate a WP website into this app using Cloudways migrate plugin
    3. In the app infos, we see : Admin panel, Password : xxx

This password xxx is wrong, as it's the password of the imported WP that replaced this one
    It's confusing
    Maybe after a migration has been done, replace this password xxx by a sentence explaining this

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatic IP attack blocking

I would suggest that ips be blocked automatically by Cloudways when they were hitting on the site of yours continuously

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TLS 1.3

Please support TLS 1.3 since it's faster and more secure. Chrome 70 and Firefox 63 officialy support it now.

https://www.ietf.org/blog/tls13/

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. You must Add reset permissions to application level via UX

Most times your support does any work on my behalf the permissions get messed up and then have to recontact support to set permissions to application level. This is an extremely frustrating restriction on the user and is making me consider to switch hosts. I really suggest you add a self serve option to the UX sooner rather than later.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Auto Scaling WordPress

We need to implement Auto-Scaling WordPress applications quite often which can auto-scale depending on traffic load.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base