Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 720 Permissions on app creation Issues

There was an infrastructure update that defaults files/directories to 720 permissions. Now FTP users no longer see any of the files or directories because of these permissions. Chat support's "solution" is to use the "reset permissions" function, which will then change the permissions of files and directories to 770.

First, why were the default permissions changed from 664/755, to 720? I've never seen this configuration before, so it seems odd to me.

Second, why is this a two step process for FTP users to gain access to the public_html directory? The default application permissions should MATCH the "reset permissions" permissions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Limit RAM and cpu core per Application

Limit RAM and CPU to each app on each server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add custom application logo support

The ability to change the application logo would be nice. A list of WordPress sites with very little differentiation in the console right now hinders workflow to some degree.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple webroots per single application

More advanced PHP applications can have multiple webroots accessed via different subdomains. For example, one is the public website for customers (www.mydomain.com) and another for the staff (accounts.mydomain.com).

For example, Cloudways is advertising support for Yii Framework (https://www.cloudways.com/en/yii-hosting.php). This framework implements the mentioned architecture in the following way:

https://www.yiiframework.com/extension/yiisoft/yii2-app-advanced/doc/guide/2.0/en/structure-directories

There are "frontend" and "backend" modules in the application directory and each of them has a separate webroot. The configuration could look like this:

www.mydomain.com -> /path/to/yii-application/frontend/web/
    accounts.mydomain.com -> /path/to/yii-application/backend/web/

This could be even configured on a basic cPanel hosting. I have already asked on the support…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. maac laser treatment

Laser Hair Removal Treatment Cost In Bangalore: MAAC is one of the best clinics for laser hair removal in bangalore. It also provides your a new look and feel of your body.
    visit: https://www.maac.co.in/laser-hair-removal-in-bangalore.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. maac anti aging

Anti aging treatment in bangalore: With the best experts on board for anti aging treatment in bangalore, MAAC provides the best anti-aging treatment at most afforbale prices.
    visit: https://www.maac.co.in/hifu-anti-ageing-in-bangalore.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Waqas & Daniyal

These two person are the worst persons in your company.
    They dont help any customers i co tact them many many they dont give solution also they dont transfer chat to other.
    If you try to connect it with other perosn they verbally communicate with each and kther and dont let other person help you.
    They are just let cleints goto other company.
    I will cancel my hosting with your guys because of these two.persons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CSV upload in wordpress not working.

CSV upload in wordpress not working.
    Hi, yes a My website of https://www.scholeacademy.pk/ is not working on CSV. The file works on other wordpress sites with that software it just will not work on this one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Woocommerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Current MySQL Breaks Export, Import Database With Virtual (Generated) Columns

I have this database with a table that has 2 generated (virtual) columns. I exported my database using your built-in database manager. Then I imported the SQL using the same tool. Unfortunately, there's an error, and it said that values are not accepted for virtual columns. Upon checking this bug reports: (1) https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=79148 , it says there that the bug is already fix in higher version of MySQL.

Please update the available MySQL version, please.

What I did just to get around with the bug was to manually delete the exported virtual columns with their values in the exported SQL…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter spam post

Please filter all the spam post in this section. It's annoying and unprofessional if you can't even control this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reset permision to master and user

It is very important have the possibility from console or from the web panel reset the permissions to the application user. Today we can res

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. confirmatio mail

My verification mail does not arrive, I already tried different emails, I left message on the support and nothing. They seemed like a good company, but the support is lacking, and the registration system is very bureaucratic. If you can not even activate a subscription, how can I trust that they will take good care of my site. I found it very unkind, they lost a client. It seems that they are not even interested in selling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Maac hair transplant

MAAC provides best hair fall treatment in Bangalore one-stop solution to all hair related worries with a team of highly skilled and trained experts. MAAC ensures all the precautions of safety and service are looked into. Maac provides the best hair transplantation facility that is both effective and does not burn a hole in your pockets. MAAC is one of the best hair transplant clinic in bangalore undertaking various types of hair transplantations like the FUE (Follicular unit extraction) and FUT (follicular unit strip surgery) as well as the Direct Hair Transplantation and the Synthetic Hair Transplantation
    visit: https://www.maachairtransplantbangalore.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. enable "Spatial Data Types" for MySQL.

I'm develop website to use "Spatial Data Types" for query on database. Please enable "Spatial Data Types" for MySQL. It's feature on MySQL.
    https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/spatial-types.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. https://24shots.com/products/silencer-air-motor-battery-charger-usb

The Silencer Air Wireless Motor at 24shots.com holds two batteries on-board to communicate with the 24shots app and the Silencer Air Trigger and this is a replacement USB charger that can charge two batteries at a time and the charge time depends on battery level but seems to run just a few hours for a full charge. Visit https://24shots.com/products/silencer-air-motor-battery-charger-usb

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make server sharing work again

Please make it possible to access a server from multiple accounts, or allow me to use the same email address to access multiple accounts. I keep using up my email addresses to start client projects and can't re-use them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unique IP per site installed on server

The ability to add a unqiue IP to each site on a server.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Breeze improvements - It''s a great plugin but...

Integrating Breeze Plugin with CloudFlare to allow per site CloudFlare purging.

Integrated Redis Cache options without needing a seperate WP plugin

Allow automated Purge of all Cache's on Page or Post update for Redis, Varnish, Cloudways CDN and CloudFlare

An up to date help file documenting exactly how to setup Breeze for Wordpress, with typical page rules and syntax examples for each section. The current Help files refer back to W3TC which is only helpful for users not using the Cloudways in house Cache Breeze.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Simple Interface improvement...for bandwidth utilisation.

In the Server Monitoring page:

https://platform.cloudways.com/server/*yourservernumber*/monitor

Bandwidth used per month is currently stated alone. It would be much easier if bandwidth used was expressed as a fraction or a percentage of the total bandwidth available on the existing server package.

Eg.

Bandwidth usage this month is X GB of Y Gb available. X/Y x 100 = Z% used.

Last Updated: 01/06/2019 13:00 IST

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base