Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. QUICK AND EASY BUSINESS SETUP IN DUBAI

AURION, a leading company with more than a decade old experience in business consultancy with expert professionals helps in the company registration, company formation, company liquidation, VAT registration, helps to open a bank account in UAE, helps in accounting, Visa assistance, provide PRO service in UAE, also provide ISO
    consulting.
    https://www.dubaifreezonecompany.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DesktopServer version 3.5.2 has a new direct deployment feature to get your WordPress websites from your desktop to your hosting provider in

DesktopServer version 3.5.2 has a new direct deployment feature to get your WordPress websites from your desktop to your hosting provider in just a few clicks.

To do this Cloudways must support File System Direct.

File System Direct is a (PHP) feature that allows WordPress to write files to the local file system on the server. At the moment it does not so we can't use this feature in DesktopServer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make phpmyadmin as default database manager

Hi,

Why don't make phpmyadmin as the default database manager. Everybody uses it. All tutorials on the web are about this manager.
    Not this cloudways default manager.

Now i always need to do a complicated time taking installation.
    This is not user friendly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File Manager

Update Cloudways with ADD New Features "File Manager" to Upload Large File in ZIP.. and RAR Formats.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to change the Application Admin Panel Credentials

Exactly what the title says!

Its very practical to be able to change the password in the Admin Panel section of Application's Page. Like so anyone who has access to cloudways panel can have access to the Applications Dashboard fast and easily without searching for the password!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow sorting by usage within new disk quota report

The new Disk Usage Per Application report is great, but it's missing an obvious feature to allow this list to be sorted by usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Settings of max server power per app

Hi,
    it will be great if there is app setting for max usage of server power. E.g. a can set, that this app can use max 50 % of server power.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give color to the url text or background of a staging site to give a visual indication that you are working in the staging envornment

When working in a staging environment it is difficult to know visually if you are really there. At best the only way to know currently is to remember the cloudways assigned url. I suggest that coloring the url text or background of the url yellow (or any other color) would make it easier to know what environment one is working on. I know there is a wordpress plugin that does this so if it can't be done via the url text or background maybe some other way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Server SMTP configuration is not working properly.

Currently if you have already configured the SMTP on a server Cloudways seems to remember your previous credentials and tries to enter them again. I've just spent half an hour trying to set up SendGrid on the Server SMTP. Everytime I selected SendGrid or Mailgun etc it would automatically fill in the wrong credentials and process them. Finally I was able to remove them and get the proper credentials in. But it took a lot of my time and I'm not happy that I wasted so much time.

This needs to be fixed.

Thanks,
    John Anderson.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Partner with Cloudflare

Cloudways must partner with Cloudflare to give user accounts the option to sign up their application on Cloudflare right from the Cloudways platform. The main idea behind this is so that the Cloudflare services can be utilized to set up domains to propagate through Cloudflare without changing the Nameservers. This setup only requires 2 CNAME entries.

Providers like SiteGround, Bluehost, etc have partnerships that have this feature. Without this feature, we would have to sign up for the Business plan on Cloudflare that costs $200 per month. There are also various other benefits that come with this integration

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to add Custom Hostname for each of the servers

Ability to add Custom Hostname for each of the servers. I love this platform but websites that I host, I don't have access to domains and adding A record is a headache. If there was a way to add a hostname for each server would cut down on changing clients to do changes themselves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable support for Cloudflare Argo Tunnel

Right now you can't install cloudflared which is required to run Argo Tunnel.
    Enabling Argo activates Argo Smart Routing and Tiered Caching, reducing Internet latency on average by 35% and connection errors by 27%.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can you publish blog on how to Install Bagisto on Cloudways?

Our customers who are using Cloudways are facing some issue while Installing Bagisto and we don't have your server to check. Can you please publish a blog on that so we can share the link on our social channel and also provide us to our customers too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MySQL 8

MySQL 8 GA was just released recently. There are many improvements versus 5.x and it would be the future.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/mysql-nutshell.html

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Manage Environment variables for secret values via Interface

Manage Environment variables via interface like Elasticbeanstalk, Heroku, ... so they don't go into version control

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add PDO Support for SNOWFLAKE DATABASE

Snowflake DB (Snowflake database) is a huge player in the relational database market. They are a cloud only database, that is Columnar, but can handle JSON and XML natively. They run on Azure, AWS, and Google Clouds. Connecting Wordpress and PHP through to Snowflake DB would be an incredibly helpful thing. They produce and support a standard PDO library.

The company: http://Snowflake.com

Just read their impressive customer list, and the amount of funding they get every year...

Please add this to your PHP central stack.
    https://github.com/snowflakedb/pdo_snowflake

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow underscores and hyphens in Webroot value

The regex pattern for the Webroot value currently doesn't allow hyphens or underscores which are valid for directories.

If you're running a repository structure that has public_html for instance for site files, you'll not be able to set this as your Webroot even though it's the most logical folder name when using something like Vagrant locally.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow use of PayPal for billing, or more currencies

I'd love to see either more currencies (such as GBP!), or alternatively allow billing via PayPal?
    It would save users getting stung with horrific international transaction bank fees (for me it's between £0.50 and £1.50 PLUS 3%)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payment Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base