Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drupal site migration documentation

I am having a lot of permission issues trying to migrate a drupal site. a simple document on how to migrate a site would be nice.... back to trial and error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the ClicknGo functions that don't work in Firefox

There's no way Cloudways should have functionality in the ClicknGo console that fails outright when using Firefox. (Specifically referring to clicktocopy buttons). At this point in time, cross-browser functionality should be a given, especially for admin pages.

Either implement the extra functionality in a way that is compatible with all major browsers, create an automatic fallback solution for no-supported browsers, or at the very least, put a notation on each non-compatible function marking the browsers with which it will not work. As it is now, it's a major frustration that makes Cloudways look amateurish when the reason for the failure…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Paul can you list any other functionality that is not working with Firebox (besides clicktocopy) and the version of Firefox you are using and in which OS?. This will help.

We do try to test console functionality in all browsers/OS combinations, but we may have missed some.

Cloudways Team

4. COLOR BLINDNESS

A lot of people are red/green color blind. Its nearly impossible for me to distinguish that round red/green DOT that represents a server's health status. Maybe change the icon itself to something more descriptive (Server Online, Server Offline, etc.), or put a mouse-over description.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Capistrano Deployment

Would be nice to have this tools http://capistranorb.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. able to set PHP allow_url_fopen off and owner able to add file under root folder

it would be nice if we could disable PHP allow_url_fopen I have tried to add a php.ini but it is not working

I would also like to put my wp-config file in the root dir but I get a permission error when trying to move it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set WordPress app database collation to uft8_general_ci instead of latin1_swedish_ci

When installing a new WP app, the database collation is set to latin1_swedish_ci. It should be utf8_general_ci. Just change the way the app installer works, to set it to the correct setting when installing a new WP app. Also consider adding the collation to the new WP install's wp-config.php file to help keep all tables using the correct collation: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Database_collation.

We've started to see some issues on some sites due to mixed table collation. This would help prevent issues by keeping everything on compatible variations of utf8.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can you add polr

Polr is a robust open source URL shortner, its more powerful, proper and precise click analytics.
    The project link and everything can be found here
    https://polr.me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Force Varnish cache when HTTP Authentication is enabled

For development reasons we protect our application with HTTP AUTH

After user has been authenticated varnish is not caching the request because of the authorization header always being sent (see default.vcl).

Add "unset req.http.Authorization" after auth check on vcl_recv to force caching.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wish a clone/backup button on the right site of Click&Go sql manager, just to easy clone or backup database

Wish a clone/backup button on the right site of Click&Go sql manager, just to easy clone or backup database

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SFTP Mode Like Pantheon

One thing I love about Pantheon is that it already has a GIT server. Secondly, the most fantastic part is that it doesn't add any code in the install until its committed through pantheon's dashboard... in short mimics GIT Push.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Optimize the performance of the Object cache (W3TC) in the WordPress admin panel

Enabling "Objects cache" option slows down the admin panel several times and does the admin job uncomfortable. This is confirmed as the objective admin panel page load time, and when I tested perfomance with the P3 plugin. Disabling this option or use "Database cache" instead of "Objects cache" returns the speed of the admin panel at an acceptable level.

I use the W3TC plugin to cache the site in full accordance with your guidelines. This problem constantly exists as in the Cloudways WordPress Cloud Platform and in the Cloudways WooCommerce Cloud Platform.

It seems that the problem requires a more…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow setting number of apache threads

We need to increase PHP memory significantly for some resource intensive tasks. To allow the server to still have enough memory, we should reduce the number of Apache threads. Please provide this capability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use Zeroclipboard instead of flash for the "click-to-copy" functionality

just a request - on the application dashboard, you have all the usernames and passwords for various things (DB, Admin, SFTP, SSH). All of these use flash - it is very hard to use this on Linux machines. Please use what Github uses - Zeroclipboard. See how easily you can copy paste the "SSH Clone URL" on the right side of github: https://github.com/z…om/zeroclipboard/zeroclipboard . it will be massively useful for people like me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Email alerts - technical alerts to one email id and server and billing related alerts to other

I would like to register two email addresses on cloudways account. One would be only for IT technical issues and the other one would be only for financial issues. So all payment alerts and emails would be sent to financial department email id and all emails about technical issues would be sent to our IT department email.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Eduardo Felippetto.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better New Relic Alerts

The New Relic Alert email messages sent by the system are not helpful.

The messages reference an application ID such as 'wordpress-000-00000-00000.cloudwaysapps.com.' This does me no good at all. I have more than a dozen servers, many of which have multiple apps.

Without going into each individual server and checking the cloudwaysapps addresss for each of its apps, I have no way of knowing which app is actually generating this error. These errors need to provide two pieces of additional information to be useful 1) the name of the server, and 2) the name of the app. In both cases,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add CloudSE for better Offloading

http://www.oblaksoft.com/documentation/
    CloudSE would help create scalable solutions by offloading to s3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add access to Digital Ocean Private networking / local IP

Digital ocean already provides Private networking through 10.x.x.x IP addresses for droplets in the same region. It would be very helpful to pass this setting through to Cloudways server options and control panel to more efficiently network servers.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base