Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. upgrade ioncube to version 6

when can u update the ioncube to v6? Current v5 will not work with php7. waste of time if u r not making the software compatible

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ioncube v6 has already made available few months back for new servers deployments. (compatible with both PHP5.x and PHP 7.0.X provided versions)

However on servers where version5 or older version is running we can perform an upgrade on request.

You can request an upgrade version through our ticket panel.

Regards,
    Cloudways Team

2. Inclusion of php7.0-zip module

Would it be possible to have the php7.0-zip module installed by default when installing Wordpress or PHP Stack Applications? Some WP plugnis and other PHP testing variables require this option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Google single sign on login to ClicknGo (and new control panel)

You currently offer Linkedin and Github sso, but please allow Google sso. This would be a great feature for Google Apps for business users and even others with a gmail account.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Vultr in Singapore

Vultr has setup in Singapore. You probably could add the location in your setting.

https://www.vultr.com/locations/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better caching plugin than W3 Total Cache

W3 Total Cache is rarely updated and is not officially compatible with WP 4.4 as of yet. Many people are speculating that the author may have even abandoned this plugin. Issues with WP 4.4 are being reported and are not resolved. I would prefer a more stable and regularly updated caching plugin.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support wildcard DNS, so Wordpress Multisite auto create sub domains

As it is now, we have to manually create the sub domains or use sub directories, which isn't the best solution. Personally I don't have time or even want to do this manually, and I guess this is the case for most people that are interested in Multisites.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Todd said (in new platform) when using a Custom Certificate, you can just generate a wildcard certificate (*.mydomain.com), that you can use for WP Multisites, or any other needs you have. Wildcard certificates are not yet supported via Let’s Encrypt certificate authority.

Cloudways Team

7. Great service! Thank you

Thank you for great service and support I'm receiving. All my apps, sites and emails are running smoothly with no problems. Support always helps me and solves my problems. Really glad I found your services.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. EWWW Image Optimizer integration

It would be great if EWWW Image Optimizer plugin would be a part of default WordPress app installation. There is an issue with installing EWWW to an existing WordPres app.

I arelady talk to EWWW developers about that.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-install-jpegtran-optipng-etc-on-cloudways-hosting?replies=26#post-8260174

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have deployed missing packages so EWWW can fully work on top of our platform. We do not have plans to add it as default but now, anyone wanting to use it should have no problems.

Cloudways Team

9. please remove required fields for git deploy path.

i am required to create a sub folder under public_html and deploy to the sub folder but i would like to deploy it under public_html only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Laravel 5.3

Hi, the new version is much better than 5.2, can you upgrade it? also is it possible to add cron jobs to work with artisan?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add multiple domain ssl support for a single application.

I have WordPress MU and I have multiple ssl certificates for the multiple domains but I can't use it within one application, therefore I have to create multiple wordpress instances for the domains.

Very annoying that I can't use WordPress MU with multiple domains with multiple single domain ssl certifications.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added a support of SAN in our platform, which will allow you to have a support for multiple domains using single SSL certificate. Having SAN available there won’t be a need of getting separate SSL for multiple domains mapped to a single website.

Moreover, work is already in progress for Let’sEncrypt (freeSSL) to support multiple domains using single SSL.

Cloudways Team

12. Automatic Git deployment

Ability to pull automatically after a commit/push has been made to the repo. The blog about using Git still says you are working on git hooks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Digital Ocean Data Center in the Banglore Region

I received an email with the Bangalore Data center option
    and also checked by logging into digital ocean right now
    also would you be able to give me an estimate as to by when the integration would happen?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the Cloudflare Support Page

Unless I'm just missing it, this page... https://support.cloudways.com/can-i-use-cloudflare-cdn/

...is missing the critical step where you need to go to the server console > advanced > enable cloudflare

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the "Restart" Buttons Work in the New Platform

When Apache or MySQL go down, the "restart" buttons can't be clicked and are always grayed out. I always need to chat with your support to get things restarted. It would be fantastic if these buttons worked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow account owners/master user to create application credentials directly

I should be able to have full control over my team members. if i want to set their login password i should be able to do it, but as it stands right now I have to bother my user and ask them to perform a password creation step that they shouldn't have to.

I should be able to go to them and say "here is your access" as I don't want them to have access to the Cloudways console, I just want them to have an SFTP login, thats it. Requiring them to login and create their own credentials is…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all your votes. We have now made it possible for account owners/master users to create as many application credentials as they like directly, without the need of creating team members first.

Please note that SSH access for applications will need to be enabled from within “Application Settings > General” in order for SSH to work for any application credentials created this way.

Cloudways Team

17. Add application domains that support 'www.' prefix as well as without

To help test redirects to a 'www.'; pages without addition setup or save headaches when moving sites to cloudways that already have 'www.'; redirects

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a way to edit/remove Let's Encrypt from application

Currently there is no way to make a change to the installed certificate so it is not possible to change the domain once a cert has been installed. The only resolution available presently is to migrate to a new application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. support magento 2.1

support magento 2.1 with a 2.1 version application installation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Possibility to disable xDebug

It is known that in a production environment having xDebug enabled is a performance issue. Having a switch to toggle xDebug would improve most of the production servers where nobody really needs xDebug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base