Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Static HTML stack

We'd quite like the ability to specify a HTML-only stack with PHP disabled and no database. While this might seem an odd request, we sometimes have the need for temporary holding sites, additional sub-sites, etc. It's potentially also of use with headless CMS sites. Having related sites on the same server / within the same interface is useful.

While I realise we can use the PHP install for this, I'd prefer something that has code execution properly disabled from the start.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to connect to Microsoft external databases

Currently we have no alternative to connect to Microsoft bases. I use PHP and this is not possible. In other hosts I use the DBLIB driver to make a connection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When you clone an application the restore points should also be cloned

When cloning applications it should be a checklist where you can choose if you want restore points to be cloned as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reset File Permission needs special config for some folders

Based on the ticket (Request #49749) I suggest this idea to solve 2 issues with Reset File Permission in Magento:

1 - while the reset permissions button takes the permissions of folder to default master user (public_html/var/session/) and this terminates any on going sessions as magento is unable to write in the same session as the permission on the session file is overwritten

2 - the reset button will prevent also the user (web user different from Master user) to create new log files in (/public-html/var/log/)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Encrypted RDS MySQL Database

Enabling Encrypted MySQL Database on Amazon AWS would enable encryption at rest and improve security.

This would be a truly unique offering (trust me, I have been researching this for days), one that I can't believe isn't more requested or offered given the hacks and breaches we have seen over the last few years.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow a team member to have SFTP access to multiple applications without requiring to create multiple SFTP accounts

Would like an easy way for the account owner to create SFTP/SSH account (login/password) creation for team members and then assign those accounts to various servers/applications.

Account owner should be able to delete/disable/suspend account, but the team members don't need to setup or activate their own account.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ask for a confirmation when "Removing" git repo from "Deployment via Git"

When removing Github repo from "Deployment via Git", please ask for a confirmation first. I clicked Remove button by accident, then had to set it up again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Put the Application URL on the front screen.

have 70 websites across 5 servers, its hard to know which are live and which are DEV sites. Putting the URL on the front page would make this much better to manager, I could tell at a glance which was dev vs live. Also, on the link to go to the website from the console, I cannot right click the link and open in a new tab, so this prevents me from keeping my place in my long list of 70 applications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Registration process using form instead a chat?

Why I need to answer so many question on registration, and had to wait customer service? Why not using a form or something faster?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Vultr DNS Integration

Vultr has a free DNS service for all of their customers. It would be awesome if Cloudways could integrate this somehow.

I did reach out to Vultr support to see if I had access since I had a Vultr server but it was through Cloudways. I figured I wouldn't but it doesn't hurt to get more information. This was the response.

-- Vultr.com Support Team --
    "If you signed up through Cloudways, you would not be able to have access to Vultr DNS since it requires a direct account with us I'm afraid, unless Cloudways adds Vultr DNS Integration in…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A Package for DevOps

I am currently in the process of moving my sites from cPanel based hosting env. to Vultr, DO, and Linode.

I think everything you guys offer at CW is pretty great, except you folks do not provide us with root access. That's a bummer!

I think you folks should create a new package for DevOps or just for developers who are interested in having the root access. This package will offer everything your platform offers, the custom panel, staging area, security management and stuff but it would also provide root access.

Devs would know what they are doing. You'll be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. pagespeedy php free extension

pagespeedy is a php free extension, awesome server side cache... varnish is having some problems in prestashop latest version... plz guys, pagespeedy :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Renaming Apps = Multiple App folders

Please make it possible to delete/remove/hide/tidy the multiple app folders which appear on renaming apps. Surely 1 App = 1 folder!

It's small thing that makes a bug difference for managing and organising applications via SFTP.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. mod security

Please add mod_security

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. support the Cross Browser Testing Tool(chrome&firefox mainly) as one option of Application

Hi Team,
    pretty disappointed when i don't see the Cross Browser Testing Tool(chrome&firefox mainly) in the Application's option, just for your reference(https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=browser+testing), it's a widely used Application, i don't demand too fancy functionality out there by cloudways.com, but just expect to have the basic functions with this related, e.g: can open browsers, install extensions/add-ons, can upload test files as https://crossbrowsertesting.com/ provides currently. that's it!

Thanks for consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow changing Varnish config file (VCL) after application setup

A dropdown with options next to the "Varnish Toggle" button allowing us to choose which VCL is configured with this application would allow us flexibility to change our stack without having to create a whole new application and reconfigure ours.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fail over to a different server

setup failover site on the different servers and in case of failover you can autoswitch the site to the failover

i.e Main site on AWS large, fail site on AWS small or Ocean Drop or other provider

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. install server applications from repositories

The whole root thing drives me crazy - but i hear your reasoning. Need root to install various packages. why not let users install packages from set list of repositories ? you can always block certain ones.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PHP 7 compatible with memcache in cloudways.

PHP 7 compatible with memcached in cloudways for improving the speed of wordpress and phps sites.

When active memcached charging time decreases drasticamento and php 7 should decrease the load time even more.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate R analytics with PHP

R Programming tool is used for doing analytical computations. It would be nice if the cloudways provide me some way to integrate this with my already existing PHP application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base