Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moodle Slash arguments be enabled

Moodle recommends that Slash arguments be enabled by adding the rule in the .htaccess however it does not work, therefore please enable someone on the server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow customers to retain their servers when leaving

I understand you need to limit control. If I need to migrate away from cloudways can you give me access to the server and "detach" from cloudways? Most clients will be fine, but if we hit a "wall" where need to do something you won't let us then want to take entire server config and since we already have the droplet - just let me have it! You can even charge a migration out fee.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. civicrm

wordpress / drupal civicrm on separate database

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow two-factor authentication with Duo

Duo is a great platform for two-factor authentication and already supported by a great number of platforms. It would be very nice if it would also be supported by Cloudways.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Specify time of day for backups

It would be nice to be able to specify a general time of day for backups to be made. Something like morning, noon, night. Of course to be able to pick the exact hour would be even better.

Right now backups are being made around 9pm local time on my server and that is making things very slow whenever I work in the admin area of wordpress, which is around 9pm in the evening.

Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete folders

The ability to delete folders more quickly as to remove a WP install from a directory (for the purpose of using another migration plugin such as backup buddy) takes forever via SFTP. Backup buddy will not migrate a site into a directory containing WP, so it needs to be empty. If the backup is not completed all files need to be deleted again so this become very time consuming

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Varnish authentication key in the console

I followed the below guide for setting up Varnish with Magento and had to ask support for my Varnish Authentication Key.

Could this show in the console or something?

https://support.cloudways.com/how-to-install-and-configure-turpentine-for-magento/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. beanstalkd

beanstalkd in installable packages on demand

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a warning for Git Deployment

At the moment, if you try to set up Git for your deployment but you do not add your SSH key to your GitHub/BitBucket account, when you press the refresh button in order for it to find your branches, it will come back completely blank with no warning. So for new users or users that aren't familiar with Git, they will be left wondering what the issue is...

I propose that you add a warning/alert. For example - "Access denied - make sure you have added your SSH key to your Github account"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Securi Auto Site Scan every 24 hours

Add a securi site scan bundle for an extra $5 per month for a scan and report every 24 hours

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for AngularJS

Add Support for AngularJS, one of the plugins on my site needed it and as it was nt there I had to cancel my Cloudways ac.

Once AngularJS is supported would love to move back here again!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide server details from Team Members with limited application access

When I give limited access to team members the first console screen after they login it shows the server details - server type, disk, etc.

I want to give application access to my clients but I don't want them seeing the level of server I have them on. It would be better to either not show the server details or go straight into the application dashboard.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new console (already in private beta for some 500 customers and to be in public beta from next week) already includes this (no server access option) along many more fine grained privileges that will be possible to set.

We are not going to implement it on old console as it should be out of the way in short time.

Cloudways Team

13. Vultr bare metal option

Vultr now offers dedicated bare metal servers at a good price when I compare it to the virtual servers and maybe to the cloudways pricing too.

So it would be great in the future to be able to clone over to bare metal dedicated from digital ocean or other provider. I only propose this if there is actual countable benefit over your current virtual options. Well it definitely makes a difference to applications that have a high load and traffic.

Vultr also offers Ddos protection.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add AWSCLI from AWS to your servers

Adding awscli will allow users to use all the power of amazon aws system on your servers, including sync data to S3, and much more.
    It is really easy to install, official development from Amazon and it will offer great possibilities to admins.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Best Live Chat Software - REVE Chat

Get live chat software for your business to take it to a new level with increased number of satisfied customers. Reach Reve Chat today to discuss your requirements and get customized live chat software for your website.
    Visit - www.revechat.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Update PHP 7 to 7.0.2–7.0.4 (supported by Magento version 2.0.1 and later only)

We can not update to Magento version 2.0.4, because send me error "PHP Version Check", I am check and the version 7.0 do not support by magento

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Another Reset Permission Setting - But Secure

I see you have a reset permissions to - but we need a lock down reset permissions, one that goes 755 for folders and 644 for files. Your current one is great for releasing security temporarily, but after that, we need to resecure sitewide.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. eAccelerator

Enable eAccelerator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Faster cloning of app/server | Instant Cloning | Instant Provisioning

We have a rather large application in which constant development happens. For this purpose we at multiple times have to create multiple clones of the live app for people to work on.

Because of the server size we have, it takes about 30 to 45 minutes to clone one app.

We always tend to do this cloning during neck of the moment and this delay is such a pain.

It would be great if we have something like instant cloning where you get the clone in few seconds instead of an hour.

Any thoughts / suggestions are appreciated.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base