Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disallow changes to core app files

I created a staging server. I need to give devs access to build our app. It appears sFTP allows full access to all the core files. A rogue dev could edit core files and we would'nt know. Once copied over to the live site, our website would be compromised and hacked.

Cloudways needs to create a setting that allows account owners to configure whether devs have access to CORE app files. IF enabled, anyone with FTP or SSH access should NOT have access to core files of the app.

or ALERT the admin if any changes were made to CORE…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. error on SMTP settings page

I just accidentally entered the incorrect password for my SendGrid account, but there was no indication on the SMTP settings page. When my site failed to send out emails, I had to contact CloudWays support. They let me know there was an authentication error, and I re-entered my credentials and now it works. If there was some indication that an authentication error had occurred with status feed back on the SMTP settings page, then I would be able to correct it without taking up CloudWays Support's time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. rackspace support directly

The rackspace "add-on" is very missleading.

1st. It really isn't an add-on. An add-on suggests that it will be fully integrated in my Cloudways control panel and that I'll be able to manage my email configuration. An add-on in Cloudways sounds like an easier and better option than buying directly with rackspace because all the integration issues with Cloudways would be already solved, but that is not the case, in fact is the opposite. The add on is basically a "form" and everything has to be slowly done manually through tickets.

2nd. With the add-on we become second class rackspace…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When we buy a space in cloud give permission to split the space for each clients. This facility will give us to permission to give login.

When we buy a space in cloud give permission to split the space for each clients. This facility will give us to permission to give login and control panel access. for example I brought a space of 25 GB, then I can split the volume into 15 + 15 +5 for my clients and give them a login to access their data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add ClouDNS domain management

Specifically free DNS zone management, which has an HTTP API available for easier integration. It's really annoying for some ccTLD (like .com.ar) which doesn't offer it by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Related to Launch Database Manager

Can we have a custom branded or non branded URL for database manager access so that we can share the same to developers and customers who are using our other branded URLs for long now..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. make your admin images and icons svg/high-res/retina-ready

Your frontend and admin www all use low-res images/icons. Lets see some svg!

Most high-end IT departments have higher-resolution 4k+ laptops/monitors -- my clients are fickle, and notice things like low-res images/icons. It obviously doesn't really matter, but it makes your service look more amateur than pro.

Help us sell your stuff to high-end peeps -- get higher-res!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show on the App Dashboard which Apps are Enabled or Disabled

Currently you have to click into each app to see if it is enabled or disabled. Would be great to have an indicator on the Application Dashboard page (I was told it was a grey color but I don't see that).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. user agent rules

I want to add user-agent rules in varnish cache. Because magento 2.0 have user-agent store view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Vultr 512MB RAM Server Option

I have seen other ideas asking for the price of Vultr servers to be reduced, but I am NOT suggesting that, the prices are fair given these servers are managed. What I'm asking is could Cloudways add the lowest level Vultr server option (1vCPU/512MB RAM/500GB space) as an option?

This would be very useful for staging servers or when you need to clone server to test something out. With Vultr this costs $2.50/mth so with the Cloudways markup it would be about $5.50/mth (220%) and that would be great for a staging server.

Thank you for your consideration.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have an option to force https when renaming the domain

After we migrate a site to Cloudways, and rename the domain, we still have to take an extra step to find/replace http to https. Since your system already does the find/replace, it would save us the step of doing it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can we please please get a wild card SSL certificate on the cloudwaysapps.com domain

I am constantly deploying dev environments for development/plugin updates. Many of the WP/Woo plugins need an ssl cert to work properly.

The .cloudwaysapps.com domain that these are deployed on does not have a wildcard ssl certificate meaning our dev environments have plugin conflicts. Wildcard SSL certs are available for less than US$50 per year. I am more than happy to pay for it.

If this could be put in place as soon as possible it would be hugely appreciated. You can invoice me for the cost no worries.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. billing history to be able to filter by project or server

Filter billing history by server or project

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Incrementar bloco de tarefas estilo google agenda

It would be interesting if within each application has a task scheduler, as well as google agenda, because when we develop our sites we like to follow steps and adding tasks to that application we are developing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office Installation & Setup Guide - Octa One

You really make it appear really easy together with your presentation however I in finding this matter to be really one thing which I feel I might by no means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very vast for me. I am having a look ahead in your subsequent submit, I will try to get the cling of it!

Regards - http://www.officesetupenterkey.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add support for Git deployment via Visual Studio Team Services

Would be good to be able to deploy Wordpress Websites using Git Deployment on Microsoft's Visual Studio Team Services in addition to the Github integration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base