Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enforce https

Please add a feature to the Cloudways dashboard to easily force HTTPS. It's not hard to add a rewrite rule to .htaccess but many platforms such as Kinsta and SiteGround have easy switch for this.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Backup Process Improvement

Hello Team,

As of now there's only one full backup / restore option (Server Management > Backups > Take Backup Now)

Can you please provide some option where the user can take backup as per their requirement, Sometime developer just want to take a backup of the database or hosting files not both all the time.

If you're providing some option where the user can take backup/restore accordingly as of now if we're taking full backup and restoring the full backup it's super time consuming for the bigger websites while they just want to take database backup.

Suggested Backup Process

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cloudways should have a control panel with file manager . file updates should not be limited to FTPs or SFTPs

FTPs are very slow .it is more convenient to have a file manager which most hosting platforms do. There we can upload large zipped files with convenience.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WP CLI Upgrade to latest version

The version of WP CLI is very far behind on WordPress deployments. The version that is being deployed is 0.24.1 while the latest is 2.3.0.

Currently, we are unable to upgrade it because root access is not provided and the /usr/local/bin/wp file cannot be edited.

If this cannot be done, a better solution would be to grant access to allow editing of .bashrc file so we can map our own custom wp-cli file instead of using the default one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to see our error logs (php, apache, mysql)

We want to see the logs of our apps

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide Birds Eye Resource Usage

It's great to be able to see resource usage/monitoring by server now, but it'd be even more helpful if we could see a birds eye view of CPU usage on the servers list page to be able to more quickly identify recent spikes or surges without having to always click through into the server.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. put options on the app filter - 10, 20 , 50 , 100 , all - apps for each page

put options on the app filter - to show 10, 20 , 50 , 100 , all - apps for each page.
    and not just the 10 option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assign the funds added for existing Projects

Assign the funds added for existing servers, so that the funds will not be shared among any other server we have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can't search applications from dashboard now.

Pages have been added on the applications screen, no way to view all, no way to search by name. What was a .05 short cut to search by application name is now gone, now it only searches what is on the page. What was quick is now very time consuming. Now need to click through page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ability to access transferred servers as a team member from an existing/primary account

ability to access transferred servers as a team member from an existing/primary account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Team members to clone from one client server to another of a similar type

As a web developer, while I host some of my clients on Cloudways, I also resell your hosting to clients that would prefer to own their own hosting (what I recommend they do). I have a base app template that all projects start from on my hosting environment. It is easy to clone this to create new apps on my hosting. But it would be great to be able to clone this to a client that I am a team member of as opposed to building on my environment and migrating to theirs when complete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show server and application name in database manager

The randomly generated application ID used to identify each app is not memorable - I am never likely to remember which ID belongs to which application. In the database manager this ID is all I can see, so it would be easy for me to accidentally make changes to the wrong database. Please add the server and application name to this UI, so I know which database I'm working on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restricted access to FTP users

Hi,

You CloudWays have a feature to create new access for Appilcation. But there should be an option to give limited access. For example I have 5 folders in /applications/uhspstmcyh/public_html application. I have a created a new application credential, I want that user should have access to only one folder which is /applications/uhspstmcyh/public_html/area

This feature is not available at the moment.

Thanks,
    Sumit

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. cUrl update to latest version

Some WP plugins require recetn version of cUrl, can you update it please ?
    Thanks,
    Remy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to see how many inodes I use before cloudways shut down account

Need to see how many inodes I use before cloudways shut down account. It is importent for us that we have a way how to see the used inodes. I asked support and thay gave me a difficult way to see this and I don't understand it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add purge-all-caches option to server selection UI

Currently, to purge server-level caches, we must go to Servers › Server Management › Manage Services and then clear each cache individually.

Adding an option to purge server caches to the overflow menu (the three vertical dots) at the top-level server selection screen (platform.cloudways.com/server) would reduce these 5-8 steps per server to only two clicks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Restrict an FTP users to a specfic folder

We should be able to create FTP users that can only access specific folders.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add option for password protection for all apps, not just staging

This is a great feature for the staging sites, however, we often run into the instance where we are doing a new website build for a client and don't already host their primary site. In this case, we are setting up a standalone app for the new project, but would also like to have to ability to turn on password protection as if it were a staging site.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Confusing / wrong password info after migration

there is a wrong/confusing information in the panel

1. Create an app, WordPress
    2. Migrate a WP website into this app using Cloudways migrate plugin
    3. In the app infos, we see : Admin panel, Password : xxx

This password xxx is wrong, as it's the password of the imported WP that replaced this one
    It's confusing
    Maybe after a migration has been done, replace this password xxx by a sentence explaining this

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base