Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to reset back ownership of files / folder to app user (chown)

Right now we can reset permission in APPLICATION SETTINGS, which is very helpful when you want to delete files, etc. But there is no option to revert back to the ownership to app user.
    It will be very handy to have this instead of asking staff to run a chown.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Full URL path to files to Application Management tab

This is the part of the file path that precedes your document root (eg /home/<your-id>.cloudwaysapps.com/<your-user>/public_html/public_html/). This is relatively easy to find but simply posting it as part of the application information would save needless steps.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to backup just the database and restore it from the console.

Ability to backup just the database and restore it from the console.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can easily achieve this via the Dump and Import features of the Click&Go Mysql Manager from console. We think that this should be enough for most cases.

Cloudways Team

4. Confusing / wrong password info after migration

there is a wrong/confusing information in the panel

1. Create an app, WordPress
    2. Migrate a WP website into this app using Cloudways migrate plugin
    3. In the app infos, we see : Admin panel, Password : xxx

This password xxx is wrong, as it's the password of the imported WP that replaced this one
    It's confusing
    Maybe after a migration has been done, replace this password xxx by a sentence explaining this

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add bandwidth monitoring for CDN

I need to know how much I will get charged by enabling CloudwaysCDN

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Web Based File manager Like KodExplorer

We need a feature like they provide in the cpanel and other many hosting of web based file manager.
    The kodexplorer is one of the most advanced web based file managers.
    Please add this feature, it's really hard to use ftp for many reasons.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Slow queries: add an option to enable logs for slow queries

with the option to choose to log in DB or in Files

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. git deployment in a folder

Git deployment in Click&Go console start automatically in the document root folder. If my git repository do not contains the document root folder then i can't use the click&go console, without changing my git repository. This is avoided also if i have more repositories in the same document root. I would like the click&go console to have a destination folder to deploy in.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cloudways should have a control panel with file manager . file updates should not be limited to FTPs or SFTPs

FTPs are very slow .it is more convenient to have a file manager which most hosting platforms do. There we can upload large zipped files with convenience.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Confusing / wrong password info after migration

there is a wrong/confusing information in the panel

1. Create an app, WordPress
    2. Migrate a WP website into this app using Cloudways migrate plugin
    3. In the app infos, we see : Admin panel, Password : xxx

This password xxx is wrong, as it's the password of the imported WP that replaced this one
    It's confusing
    Maybe after a migration has been done, replace this password xxx by a sentence explaining this

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to schedule automatic server shutdown/enable

Add ability to schedule automatic server shutdown/enable.

If i have a server that i know is only required to be used during regular business hours, but i dont want it accessible or paying for it during non-business hours, I'd like to automatically schedule it to go offline and then come back online later.

IE: i want to shut it down every day at 1am and bring it back online at 6am, without having to do it manually.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Interface option to restore local backups

I need a option in platform to restore the local backup... Today the only way to restore a local backup is manual.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Force git pull deploys

Be able to force a git pull deploy. When you try to deploy a significant change in the app code you get merge errors, that could be avoided if the pulls were forced.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What do you think about option to see exactly the state of storage taken by app, storage left etc. Would something like that be doable?

What do you think about option to see exactly the state of storage taken by app, storage left etc. Would something like that be doable?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display the access status on applications page

In the application overview page: https://platform.cloudways.com/apps it would be usual to highlight whether application access has been disabled. Very handy when managing many applications with different statuses. Example mockup: https://ibb.co/mbJzTw

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter Applications by Server or Project

I'd like to filter and not only sort by Server my applications as the list is getting too big.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cloudways Support Ticketing Platform should work independently.

Whenever I click any customer support response link received on our email like this- http://tickets.cloudways.com/hc/requests/60596 , it first asks me to open and login 'Cloudways Console Platform' and then it opens the server dashboard, then I need to click help button on the top left, then 'create ticket' and then my activities to see my support tickets.

Why can't we directly login to https://tickets.cloudways.com to check our support ticket?

Kindly work on this process flow.

Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add tmux to terminal

Would be nice to have a tmux sessions to use one connection to a server. This will become more popular when you add the load balancing some of infrastructures may hide child nodes from internet, but use the internal network instead

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow a team member to have SFTP access to multiple applications without requiring to create multiple SFTP accounts

Would like an easy way for the account owner to create SFTP/SSH account (login/password) creation for team members and then assign those accounts to various servers/applications.

Account owner should be able to delete/disable/suspend account, but the team members don't need to setup or activate their own account.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base