Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show Varnish authentication key in the console

I followed the below guide for setting up Varnish with Magento and had to ask support for my Varnish Authentication Key.

Could this show in the console or something?

https://support.cloudways.com/how-to-install-and-configure-turpentine-for-magento/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add LOCALE settings to PHP configuration

It would be useful to be able to set the LOCALE setting for php.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for creating CSR for multiple domains (SAN)

Your platform supports SAN and Wildcard SSL certs but the CSR creator under Application Management does not support multiple domains and it gives error "Enter Domain name in correct format" when I typed in my domains under it. Seems like it supports one domain only so it should be updated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. COLOR BLINDNESS

A lot of people are red/green color blind. Its nearly impossible for me to distinguish that round red/green DOT that represents a server's health status. Maybe change the icon itself to something more descriptive (Server Online, Server Offline, etc.), or put a mouse-over description.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. WP CLI Upgrade to latest version

The version of WP CLI is very far behind on WordPress deployments. The version that is being deployed is 0.24.1 while the latest is 2.3.0.

Currently, we are unable to upgrade it because root access is not provided and the /usr/local/bin/wp file cannot be edited.

If this cannot be done, a better solution would be to grant access to allow editing of .bashrc file so we can map our own custom wp-cli file instead of using the default one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Team Members to Projects & Give Permissions to Applications on Projects

I would like to add a team member(s) to a project so that when applications or added or removed from that project, the permissions for that team member to access that application are correspondingly added or removed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Organise Servers

Let us Organise Servers in to different groups like

Client A - Servers ( 3 Servers )
    - Server 1 XNAME
    - Server 2 YNAME
    - Server 3 ZNAME

Test - Servers ( 2 Servers )
    - Server 1 Test1
    - Server 1 Test2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Root mysql user per server

Add the ability to access mysql databases on server level next to application level. Sometimes it could be handy to access all databases on the server from one administration application, instead based on per application

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. provide a means to sort projects.

It would be nice if the projects on the project page were sortable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow GIT Deployment to private_html

Currently, the ability to deploy directly from GIT is limited to the public_html folder. In our case, our application is housed in private_html. It would be great if we had the option to deploy from GIT directly to the private_html folder.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easy to create redirects

Every $3 a month host with c-panel lets you map a domain or subdomain to a subdirectory with just a few clicks. I was just told this needs to be coded into my .htaccess file (?!). A redirect is also helpful if you want to keep a public link the same but change your site structure. Please add this basic functionality.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exclusions for New Relic Browser Monitoring / RUM for AMP pages

New Relic injects its Javascript for RUM / Browser monitoring on all pages in an application. That includes /amp pages (thats Googles mobile friendly fast loading pages). When New Relic is on, it adds Javascript to every page - but Google does not allow Javascript on AMP pages

I see its possible to disable New Relic when using PHP implementation, would be great if you guys looked at how its implemented on your platform and allowed exclusions for WordPress AMP. (This might be a problem with Facebook Instant Articles as well?).

Turning off the browser monitoring (in New Relic ->…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to set up client hosting accounts directly from within our own account.

The ability to set up client hosting accounts directly from within our own account and have them linked to have direct access without having to log out, log into the other account, set up migrations, etc

This would save the 2 week free trial that my clients don't need. They are only using you because I am suggesting/making them so they don't need anything free. You make more money and it makes our life easier and saves us time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Database panel - improvements

I think database panel need really improvements.
    I would like to see in database basic columns as ROWS and SIZE of table.
    Also collation does not work properly even if I can change it on clickngo panel. It does not change collation for existing tables.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide Birds Eye Resource Usage

It's great to be able to see resource usage/monitoring by server now, but it'd be even more helpful if we could see a birds eye view of CPU usage on the servers list page to be able to more quickly identify recent spikes or surges without having to always click through into the server.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add option for password protection for all apps, not just staging

This is a great feature for the staging sites, however, we often run into the instance where we are doing a new website build for a client and don't already host their primary site. In this case, we are setting up a standalone app for the new project, but would also like to have to ability to turn on password protection as if it were a staging site.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to select data center

It will be great if you can provide an option to select a data center. like, DO provides 3 data centers in NY. if the user wants to create a server if Digital Ocean ' NY-C1'. There is an option for the region only NY.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simpler sign-in with Google

At the moment Google sign-in is there and works, but can be improved for a smoother dashboard experience. There are 2 things which can be improved upon:

- the session doesn't last after the CloudWays browser tab is closed. If CloudWays got a oauth token from Google platform, it should keep the session until the token is revoked or manual log out
    - using too many permissions. At sign-in time only the profile_basic and profile_email should be requested, simplifying the login process. When someone tries to use Google Sign-In, they first choose the account, then approve the app (CloudWays), then…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for contributing your valuable suggestions.

We already have started working on minimizing the scope of Google service permissions.

Your other feedback about sessions has been added to our Product Improvement Ideas list, and we will incorporate it in upcoming quarters.

Cloudways Team

20. Deploy from git repo subfolder

Right now you can only deploy a full git repo. Users should be allowed to deploy from any folder withing a repo.
    For example an app could have a 'src' folder with code and a 'dist' folder with production code. I want to be able to deploy the 'dist' folder only

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base