Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. extend CloudwaysBot messages with domain names or application names when messaging about failed backups or sending similar notifications

It's not helpful to get a message about failed backups when you have multiple applications. Instead, having the message include the domain of the application in which the error occurred would be a huge timesaver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show in Graph which processes are causing huge spikes on my wordpress website

Just like we have the Task Manager in Windows platform and Activity Monitor on Mac, I would like to see a similar utility in my Cloudways Panel where I can see which processes are causing hugh spikes on my server resources and also I should have the option to force quit them.

I know implementing this option is difficult, but if done it will be an excellent addition to your solutions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. File Access Control

Please provide the ability to create new SFTP users with restricted access to folders. For example, people working on loading products needs access only to media/import folder in Magento.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Prevent Let'sEncrypt/SSL List to Be Obliterated Upon Error

I have multiple domains on a server/app (DO) that were typed before. Every time I add a new domain to the SSL list (after adding it in the Addon Domains list), I have to brace myself because a single typo or error (especially in a list with dozens of domains) will cause the entire SSL installation to fail and the SSL for all domains is removed. I'm aware a separate SSL is created for each domain, but you already have the multiple-domain list up and running, so if a new one is added and an error occurs, at leats don't…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. support removal of projects

The title says it all I guess. There could be a lock for projects that have been assigned, but as nothing dreadful happens to the application, this would not be a necessary condition. A warning might be enough.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatic SFTP Credentials

When setting up a new application, generating SFTP details would be a great idea, this should work for the current logged in user.

This would make the setup process even easier, let's face it we all use SFTP (with our deployment servers), why do we need to do this manually

Thanks
    Bob

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display apps in two or three columns

The apps lists currently shows all apps using a single column layout. That is all good when managing the account through a smartphone, but not so much when doing it via the desktop browser - even more so when there are tens of apps (my case; I run a small web hosting/web design service).

I suggest that the apps list should display apps in two or three column layouts. I believe it would be much easier to find whatever app I'm looking for. Also, a text search would not be that bad.

BTW this is how ManageWP shows its websites…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add The Ability To Print Or Export The List Of Servers And Applications In Our Accounts

It would be nice to be able to print or export a list of servers and applications in our accounts. Accounting would like to see what the Cloudways invoices are for. I am now having to keep a separate list of servers and applications in order to answer those questions. Of course, I can see the information I need in our console but there's no way to print or export the list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Click & Go Application Credentials visible for Master User

We were used to have all credentials in that spot, could be a good idea set them to be viewed for master access, inserting the “Master user” as the first member of the team?

Why i need to add a new member (that is a copy of myself account) with another email, plus I want all my work email on the one you have already to contact me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Graziano, you have the master credentials at the server tab level cause they give access to all apps in that server. You don’t need to create another account for yourself. Master credentials have SSH and SFTP access to all apps already.

Let me know if I am missing something.

Cloudways Team

11. Use Zeroclipboard instead of flash for the "click-to-copy" functionality

just a request - on the application dashboard, you have all the usernames and passwords for various things (DB, Admin, SFTP, SSH). All of these use flash - it is very hard to use this on Linux machines. Please use what Github uses - Zeroclipboard. See how easily you can copy paste the "SSH Clone URL" on the right side of github: https://github.com/z…om/zeroclipboard/zeroclipboard . it will be massively useful for people like me

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add more options for prestashop installation

I would like to select what first language prestashop gets installed with.
    At the moment your prestashop installation comes with english and french installed. But when those are not needed they just take space in the database. Even when deleted they leave lots of entries behind...

So installing with the right language from the beginning would be amazing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add purge-all-caches option to server selection UI

Currently, to purge server-level caches, we must go to Servers › Server Management › Manage Services and then clear each cache individually.

Adding an option to purge server caches to the overflow menu (the three vertical dots) at the top-level server selection screen (platform.cloudways.com/server) would reduce these 5-8 steps per server to only two clicks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Admin Details Updated on Frontend

Hello,

please show the admin details updated on console frontend, with the possibility to change them directly on console instead on database.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restrict an FTP users to a specfic folder

We should be able to create FTP users that can only access specific folders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove Users from Delete Accounts

Allow users to remove themselves from other people's accounts.

As well, automatically remove people from canceled accounts, as it is then impossible to remove yourself from the account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Advanced Search Control in Cloudways Account Panel

I think the search tool could be improved by adding the ability to search by IP address. Filters to show only certain servers, etc would also be welcome.

http://prntscr.com/llha4z

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tab focus for the 2FA box

It's only a small thing but when logging in using 2FA the tab focus isn't on the code box so it's another click to enter the code. All of the other systems I use focus the 2FA code box so it's something I'm used to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. install netdata app resource monitor

Standard free and essential. We need this!
    https://my-netdata.io/

Currently I want to migrate high CPU usage apps to a new server - but I cannot tell which apps are using more resources.

The result is lost income for cloudways and poor performance for users ;(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Own Default Custom Testing URL

I would like to ensure that the test account we create for our clients takes our own test domain name by default when we create a new app. (before domain is added)

eg - test-app-name.my-company-domain.com

It would be better to automatically set our own Domain Name on the server to make sharing the test server with clients easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base