Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unlimited storage option.

Block Storage (Digital Ocean, Vultr) or Buckets (GCP) with an unlimited storage option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A "Buckets" storage option

Davidtgill
    Sep 6, 2:29 AM PKT

Hi, on the Google Cloud Platform they have VM instances which you can get on Cloudways.
    On Google Cloud Platform they also have Storage "Buckets" which are a far cheaper way to store lots of data. You can also store multiple Terabytes.
    My suggestion is that Cloudways offers a "Buckets" storage option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. create a managed upgrade/downgrade solution for MySQL updates via server backup.

ie backup entire server before upgrading MySQL, so that restore of entire server is possible (inc older MySQL version) if something goes wrong with the upgrade. I understand this would be chargeable but it would save the stress levels for many a web dev

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Autosuggest endpoint for Elasticpress

Hi I love Elsticsearch on Cloudways. But I miss the option to create a safe end point for the Elsticpress plugin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please activate the Bahrain AWS datacenter

Please enable it asap, as it will be beneficial for us serving the Middle East.

Thanks and regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sphinxsearch

Hi,
    Please allow to setup sphinx search on the server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. timezone to use in logfiles

Would be handy to specify the timezone you would get in log files. For example apache logs are always in UTC and can be configured at the apache level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Upgrade wget to version 1.20

Version 1.20 provides some very useful switches such as error only logging etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Switch to AWS t3a.small servers in place of the old t2.small servers for your $36.50/month Managed AWS packages

The t3a family of servers upgrade the old t2 family of servers. The t3a family is cheaper to run yet more powerful, so you'll save money and your clients will get an even better product.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Control Panel-based toggle to enforce https

Instead of forcing us to dig up the htaccess file for modifications, make this a simple Control Panel-based modification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Read only user for database

It would be nice to have a read only user for the database so that people that need to perform SELECT queries don't use the admin user to log in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show maintanance page while the server upgrade is in process

The server upgrade takes somewhere between 10-15 minutes and during the upgrade, visitors can't access the website. They see a 503 error.

I think Cloudways should show a maintenance page while the server upgrade is in the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include a back-up estimate so we can tell what to expect on our bill. Have a bill est. that shows server cost(s) plus backups on each serve

Include a back-up estimate so we can tell what to expect on our bill. Have a bill est. that shows server cost(s) plus backups on each server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add local font files to nginx config (leverage browser caching)

Actually only the following files are served from nginx with proper HTTP headers for browser caching and character sets.

html|htm|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|css|zip|tgz|gz|bz2|pdf|odt|txt|tar|bmp|rtf|js|swf|avi|mp4|mp3|ogg|flv|svg

Please a local font files with the following extensions too:

eot/ttf/woff/woff2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple webroots per single application

More advanced PHP applications can have multiple webroots accessed via different subdomains. For example, one is the public website for customers (www.mydomain.com) and another for the staff (accounts.mydomain.com).

For example, Cloudways is advertising support for Yii Framework (https://www.cloudways.com/en/yii-hosting.php). This framework implements the mentioned architecture in the following way:

https://www.yiiframework.com/extension/yiisoft/yii2-app-advanced/doc/guide/2.0/en/structure-directories

There are "frontend" and "backend" modules in the application directory and each of them has a separate webroot. The configuration could look like this:

www.mydomain.com -> /path/to/yii-application/frontend/web/
    accounts.mydomain.com -> /path/to/yii-application/backend/web/

This could be even configured on a basic cPanel hosting. I have already asked on the support…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A solution with rsync, sql parallelism and a load balancer will be great.

A solution with rsync, sql parallelism and a load balancer will be great.
    It is important for some sites to have 0% downtime.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nginx location directives

I would like to have seperate settings per location in my nginx configuration. Currently I cannot access the "server.nginx" configuration file in my application (which I assume to be the site configuration).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GeoIP with Varnish 4 vmod

I have GeoIP country switcher on my woocommerce site.
    But when I use with Varnish, it forces back to the country which the GeoIP detects instead of the one user wahts to change to. Once Varnish deactivated, country switcher works properly. First detection correct as well as manual change of the country possible.
    This module should solve the issue.
    https://guides.wp-bullet.com/cache-woocommerce-currency-geoip-varnish-4-vmod/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preserving IP address when cloning server - making scaling down hassle-free

Scaling up is easy.

Scaling down (with Vultr, DigitalOcean or Linode) requires to clone a server.

When cloning, server gets new IP address - this causes a lot of hassle with application integration or DNS configuration.

SUGGESTION:
    It would be great to make scaling down hassle-free, so that after cloning server could have the same IP as previous server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base