Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Awstats to see serverside visitor statistics

It would be great if there's option to enable awstats or similar software to application or server.

many of my clients wants that, dont know why :D

they're getting google analytics reports also.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Back up on google drive

As to keep old copies of the backup google offers unlimited drive space so if the backup and automatically be done to a google drive will help save lot of space on the server

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Memory savings by use myslqnd instead of old libmysql

Replace libmysql by mysqlnd
    (two command lines)

Huge memory savings on read-only queries.

More info at http://slideshare.net/jpauli/mysqlnd

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send Emails When Cron Job Fails To Run

The only way to tell if a cron job has failed is to log in to the console and type mail.

It would be great if these where emailed much like the DenyHosts Messages are.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make XDebug accessible for remote debugging

I would like to use my IDE such as PHPstorm, to have remote debugging sessions using XDebug. Currently, XDebug is available on Cloudways but I cannot connect to it, so what is the point?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add stored procedure SQL server

Cloudways mysql server didn't support stored procedure Sql. I think it would be better if stored procedure functionality add on mysql server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Possibility to upload server key and CSR for SSL certificate

I think there should be possible besides generating CSR uploading own CSR and key for the SSL certificate. This would minimize time when migrating from some other server

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ability to set ServerTokens configuration in Apache

Often there is a desire by security teams not to expose verbose information about the versions of software and operating system running on a system. It would be great if the ServerTokens and ServerSignature configuration items were available to silence or minimize the information given. The motivation here is to prevent handing an attacker information about what older exploits might apply or not to your server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Kyup Clustering for ultimate performance

Kyup is already offering the best CPU performance for the money. Use that with Clustering and you have a perfect Production setup.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set Varnisch cache time on application level

Varnish hit rate is low on low traffic sites. By setting the cache time of varnisch on an application level you can beter manage site speed per application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow user backup settings

Hi, I would like to suggest that User should be given the chance to set the backup timings on his own preference so that he himself can fine tune it for the time when the website has the least load.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. opcache settings

opcache.max_accelerated_files=? , opcache.validate_timestamps=? and opcache.consistency_checks=? , i would like to change this opcache settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow admins atleast to ping and monitor their website.

This is really important for us please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Server speed

tools.pingdom.com lets me see the pageload speed of my site from various countries. I'd like to be able to compare servers before buying.

e.g. I tried Vultr in Singapore - very slow loading into Australia. Moved to Linode in Freemont - 2x the speed for the same site.

Took 2 days of setup and testing and trial accounts to work that out - perhaps there is an even faster server? I can't try them all.

Just put a 1mb web page on each server. Publish the url. Now I can compare at GTMetrix or Pingdom to choose the best server…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We need fixed private IPs to clone a server and attach the same IP to a new server or other workarround. Amazon has the fixed private ip.

We need fixed private IPs to clone a server and attach the same IP to a new server or other work arround. Amazon has the fixed private ip. Amazon you buy a IP and then you attach this IP to any instance so you can create backups and upgrades easily.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create a MySQL-only optimized server

I just want to create an high performance optimized DB server without Apache nor other modules.
    I want to be optimized already for high-performance by Cloudways experts. That's it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base