Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change path for deployment

Possibility to change path for deployment from "/public_html" to "/"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add more file types on database import

I found myself in a position where I had a huge table locally and wanted to import it on my database.

CSV file ~30mb
    SQL file ~200mb

Unfortunately, we can only import tables from sql files. Would love to see different file types like CSV, JSON, XML

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Install GraphicsMagick

Can we have GraphicsMagick installed? It has better performance, and image quality than ImageMagick while using less memory

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ask for a confirmation when "Removing" git repo from "Deployment via Git"

When removing Github repo from "Deployment via Git", please ask for a confirmation first. I clicked Remove button by accident, then had to set it up again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pagespeedy php free extension

pagespeedy is a php free extension, awesome server side cache... varnish is having some problems in prestashop latest version... plz guys, pagespeedy :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow changing Varnish config file (VCL) after application setup

A dropdown with options next to the "Varnish Toggle" button allowing us to choose which VCL is configured with this application would allow us flexibility to change our stack without having to create a whole new application and reconfigure ours.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve permission settings

I notice when you change the shell username to something else, it doesn't change the ownership of the directories and files in the public_html directory. You have to do an additional step which is Reset Permissions to have it reflect the changes. Maybe have function to also reset permissions when you change the shell username.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use supported PHP timezones (America/Chicago instead of US/Central)

Some of the PHP timezones listed on the basic settings and packages page are not supported by PHP. For example, I can select "US/Central" as a timezone, but PHP only supports "America/Chicago", which isn't an option. See: https://secure.php.net/manual/en/timezones.others.php

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Wishlist member & NGINX compatibility

Currently wishlist member cannot protect individual files unless changes are made to the Nginx configuration. The support team are unable to make these changes on an individual basis, so the whole configuration needs to be updated system wide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Offer Application Migration to make PHP 7 Upgrade Easier

While I'm glad to finally have the ability to upgrade to PHP 7, it's very frustrating and time-consuming to have to clone every application in order to make that happen.

That means new IP addresses, new FTP user accounts, new IP Whitelisting setup, SSL certificate setup, reconfiguring the SMTP mail add-on...and of course, DNS propagation time. What a hassle!!

Please develop an auto-migration tool to *move* an application (or server) to a new server, rather than clone it, keeping the abovementioned settings intact.

This would also help for Digital Ocean server downgrades -- rather than cloning to a new (smaller)…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow server timezone settings to automatically adjust for BST (summer time change)

In Ireland and the Uk the clock changes twice a year to adjust for BST which becomes GMT+1 this means the server timezone for all apps running London/Dublin location become inaccurate by an hour.

So it would be better if server time zone could match site application time zone (eg Drupal timezone) or else if server timezone can automatically adjust for BST changes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow customers to retain their servers when leaving

I understand you need to limit control. If I need to migrate away from cloudways can you give me access to the server and "detach" from cloudways? Most clients will be fine, but if we hit a "wall" where need to do something you won't let us then want to take entire server config and since we already have the droplet - just let me have it! You can even charge a migration out fee.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Vultr bare metal option

Vultr now offers dedicated bare metal servers at a good price when I compare it to the virtual servers and maybe to the cloudways pricing too.

So it would be great in the future to be able to clone over to bare metal dedicated from digital ocean or other provider. I only propose this if there is actual countable benefit over your current virtual options. Well it definitely makes a difference to applications that have a high load and traffic.

Vultr also offers Ddos protection.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add AWSCLI from AWS to your servers

Adding awscli will allow users to use all the power of amazon aws system on your servers, including sync data to S3, and much more.
    It is really easy to install, official development from Amazon and it will offer great possibilities to admins.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. eAccelerator

Enable eAccelerator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Invision Power Board (IPB) + Varnich Compatibility

Your Varnich settings currently are not compatible with IPB as it is blocking its' cookie.
    I highly suggest you to make IPB Compatible with your Varnich setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back Power Cloud!!!!

We're looking for a plan that offers root access, and had heard that Power Cloud was the way to go. But your CSR chat tells me that is no more.
    Our coder won't work without root. And we've heard great things about you but this is a deal breaker.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prevent caching on specific pages

I'd like to add a list of pages that will never pull from cache

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add tcsh and csh to your Debian distro

Add tcsh and csh to your Debian distro

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base