Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add SMS option for two factor authentication

Two factor authentication is important but at the moment I don't really feel I have this option.

Please add SMS as an option for two factor authentication.

I prefer SMS as a two factor authentication method.

I don't really want to use google authentication anymore as I just had the IOS app lose all the settings. Plus I find it more cumbersome than SMS.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow a connection from Code Guard

Code Guard provides incremental backup where I can roll back as far as I like.
    Critically, they also provide an alert if a file has changed which allows me to investigate if it's something I wasn't expecting.
    All they need is SFTP and database access but for some reason this is not being allowed by Cloud Ways. In chat I was told that "custom changes" to the server were not allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WooCommerce migrate tool, failed to parse wp-config correct

After I used the migration tool to move my WooCommerce to CloudWays/Digital ocean on trial.
    My wp-config.php got malformed after this
    I got this
    define('WP_TEMP_DIR', 'ABSPATHwp-content/uploads/');
    And it should be this
    define('WP_TEMP_DIR', ABSPATH . 'wp-content/uploads/');
    I corrected this and now I can update my plugins, as I got an error message that the download/streaming folder does not exist or do not has the right permission.
    I corrected this manually and this works now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Woocommerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Learning Locker – the Open Source Learning Record Store (LRS)

This will be very useful for anyone wanting to create an online course or LMS hosted on Cloudways - (http://learninglocker.net/)

Also this could really encourage learning environments, colleges and universities to use Cloudways as their preferred hosting partner.

It also ties in nicely wioth Moodle and some WordPress LMS plugins.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix Issues With Primary Domain Changes

You might consider this a bug, but after having been bit by it multiple times, I figured it would be best to post it here.

When you have multiple apps on a server and you re-arrange the primary domains on them, changing which app a specific app uses, the server will not properly follow your new primary domain settings and will instead load your default app. Here is how you reproduce the issue:

1. Have an app on the server with a domain like dev.mysite.com
    2. Have a second app (your production app) on the server with a domain like…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xcache

there is no option for Xcache instead of APC Cache, can you please include it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. source guardian php encrpytion module

Most of the Magento extensions are encrpyted with Source Guardian. Source Guardian has free php module which helps to run php encrpyted code.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to use installed application folder as a GIT repository and pull directly.

I was so excited to have Laravel installation in 2 clicks and when I see is up. Then I'd like to pull from server to my local host by GIT and start to development.... No-way. Big frustration :-( if I have an app on GitHub; I can pull it from github to cloudways but I can't use the application folder as a repository.. so what the application installations for? I hope this feature request make sense.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Trevor, can you further develop this?. With master credentials, you should be able to git pull / push / clone … at will from the server.

If you can provide specific issue and steps to reproduce it will be very helpful to assess what we can do.

Cloudways Team

9. to fix SMTP addon

I just found out an error.

I create a Vultr server. I explored all the addons and forgot to disable the SMTP addon when I enabled it. I had no intention to use it just to see what addons Cloudways have. Later that week when I was installing new wordpress I found out that my postfix email doesnt work anymore. After I figured it out with your cloudways support I disabled it. However the email still didn't work. I have tried to reset a dummy username to get a new password to check and also create a new username to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. let users disable PEAR's SSL/TLS forced check in PHP 5.6 to make it compatible with services like Mandrill again

let users disable PEAR's SSL/TLS forced check in PHP 5.6 to make it compatible with services like Mandrill again.

5.6 PEAR defaults currently cause a hell of a lot of problems, see for example

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25888550/cant-send-email-with-php-pear-5-6

https://www.authsmtp.com/php-pear-mail/

and effectively force us to downgrade to 5.5

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For Customers that utilize AWS on your platform, HIPAA and PHI designation from AWS and you would be GREAT!

AWS already offers accounts designated as HIPAA accounts and they are willing to sign a BAA. Please offer this to your customers as this would open the door to many more Healthcare Industry business.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. forwards domain to another

forwards domain to another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add tcsh and csh to your Debian distro

Add tcsh and csh to your Debian distro

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. While creating Team users can we create a user who will have only access to Start and Stop the server.

While creating Team users can we create a user who will have only access to Start and Stop the server.
    Currently the user with "Full Access" is able to "Delete" the server,we don't want to provide this access to one of our user.

This can be useful for the teams where one is expected to only "Start and "Stop" the server and do not do any other activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Loggly App Addon

I would like to be able to deploy Loggly to my servers, however with limited access I am unable to perform this.

I would be very handy if Cloudways gave the option to deploy loggly with a few clicks.

All I really want is access to the apache log files, for all the servers across our accounts in one centralised place.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fine grain team member permissions

Please add permissions/restrictions for:

Purchasing additional services
    Scaling the server
    Changing packages
    Managing Addons

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Drupal site migration documentation

I am having a lot of permission issues trying to migrate a drupal site. a simple document on how to migrate a site would be nice.... back to trial and error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the ClicknGo functions that don't work in Firefox

There's no way Cloudways should have functionality in the ClicknGo console that fails outright when using Firefox. (Specifically referring to clicktocopy buttons). At this point in time, cross-browser functionality should be a given, especially for admin pages.

Either implement the extra functionality in a way that is compatible with all major browsers, create an automatic fallback solution for no-supported browsers, or at the very least, put a notation on each non-compatible function marking the browsers with which it will not work. As it is now, it's a major frustration that makes Cloudways look amateurish when the reason for the failure…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Paul can you list any other functionality that is not working with Firebox (besides clicktocopy) and the version of Firefox you are using and in which OS?. This will help.

We do try to test console functionality in all browsers/OS combinations, but we may have missed some.

Cloudways Team

20. COLOR BLINDNESS

A lot of people are red/green color blind. Its nearly impossible for me to distinguish that round red/green DOT that represents a server's health status. Maybe change the icon itself to something more descriptive (Server Online, Server Offline, etc.), or put a mouse-over description.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base