I suggest you ...

Transfer servers or applications between accounts

I would love to be able to start a new server and transfer it to my client once I'm done so he would be billed for it.
On AWS you can change the billing for a specific stack.

74 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just transfered a server over to my client and now they can't add me as a team member on the server because I have an account already? How does that make any sense?

We should be able to spin up a server for a client, transfer it to them so that they can own it and pay for it, but still be allowed on the account to manage it.

Right now my only work around for this is to have 2 seperate Cloudways accounts? That doesn't make sense

• Charlie Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a true transfer. It is NOT completed. It simply clones the server which causes IP addresses to change. Do not mark a this as completed, while progress is appreciated, you need to be able to push a server from one account to another so that IP addresses do not change.

• Jimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the ability to share / sync a server across multiple accounts.

This way a client/partner can have full access to their app / server, without you needing to grant them billing/support access to your whole account. (Problematic if you host multiple client sites / servers on the same account)

• Andrew Slack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a fantastic feature, we manage multiple client accounts and this would really help us out.

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, unluckily the new console is taking some extra time. Hopefully new console will be released during February and then we can reorder priorities. In any case, still high in all lists.

Cloudways Team

Any update on this one yet? Looked like the last comment a couple months ago was this would be high in the priority list for the start of 2016.

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unluckily we haven't found a slot for this during this busy 2015. End of December we plan to launch a fully renovated console. After that, this is very high in our priority list for the start of 2016.

Cloudways Team

Any update on this yet? You should be able to transfer a server to another account simply by entering that account's email address then that account holder simply approves it like pushing domains from one account to another with Go Daddy.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hoping for an update on this, we are looking at doing this exact thing for 2 of our servers that need to be moved to another account.

Feedback and Knowledge Base