I suggest you ...

ALLOW a Single Person (and their email) to be a TEAM MEMBER on MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT

Allow a way for a SINGLE person (and their email) to be associated as a TEAM MEMBER on more than one account.

At the moment, a person would need to create several different emails to be be a TEAM MEMBER on more than one account.

There should be a GENERAL ACCOUNT console (that doesn't require a hosting/server plan.... however it CAN support a purchased plan if desired) that is separate from any TEAM MEMBER access associations.
On the console you should be able to see all of the accounts you are associated as a TEAM MEMBER on... and access them from your own MAIN ACCOUNT.

102 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cecil commented  · 

Additionally, why is there no mention of the limitation in the knowledge base articles? And if it had indeed been fixed, then how about detailing how to successfully do add an existing account as a team member, although ideal it should be no different than the current process of adding a new team member, MINUS the limitation on existing email addresses.

• Cecil commented  · 

Despite the claim that this feature request has been delivered, I still cannot add an existing user and its associated email address as a new team member :/

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

Please note that for now this functionality is available to non-admin users only who can switch accounts and become part of different accounts.

Cloudways Team

• AdminCloudways (Admin, Cloudways) commented  · 

Thank you for all your votes and comments. We have already taken on an EPIC to cover this functionality, and will be implementing it in the next several sprints.

Cloudways Team

• Steve Karwacki commented  · 

I was genuinely shocked when I found out that an email address can't be associated to more than one Team Member account. You built all of the infrastructure to handle roles and permissions for team members and then locked the email down? Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to change it. If you did, I would definitely switch multiple client, personal, and work projects over to Cloudways. It would open up many opportunities for Cloudways and it's clients.

• Paul commented  · 

This is really a must-have feature. I'm sure there are many difficulties in implementing it, but it stands as a huge barrier for web design firms and IT firms to use Cloudways service en masse. When each 'customer' of theirs has to have their own Cloudways login to manage their server, it's really unnecessarily burdensome.

• Andrew commented  · 

Any progress on this? It was marked as "Under Review" on September 3.

• Hugues Pinsonneault commented  · 

YEAH its nonsense that they dont allow this. internally they would just have to append a +something to the supplied email... its not rocket science...

• Bruce Munson commented  · 

100% Agree
        Accessing multiple client accounts easily is the key

• Clark Marshall commented  · 

100 votes for this please! It's crazy I can't access any of my clients accounts. :-)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed. Helps with team working on multiple client accounts.

• Tim commented  · 

+1 I am referring clients to Cloudways. I would like to use a single email address where I could be added as a Team Member by multiple clients.

• Andrew commented  · 

I just ran into this problem as well. I manage sites for multiple clients, and want to be able to set up my own email address as a Team Member for each of their sites, and then be able to access all of their sites with one login.

As it stands right now, this makes the team functionality completely worthless -- I might as well just use their master credentials for each site. :(

• Mark Blair commented  · 

Yes, this is really problematic. I need to make multiple email aliases just to support the multiple clients I've positioned at Cloudways as team members in their accounts. Please switch to a more flexible system where "users" are not tied to a single "account."

• Vlad Slobodkin commented  · 

My programmer is an employee and is only allowed company email to be used for work.
        We have multiple accounts with Cloudways and it is not possible to use my programmer's id under my different account's team option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base